i need some advice about some itty bitty.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AquaticRex

Reaction score
mice, lol. never thought i'd ever get one, but now i have two. i was going to the pet store to get some albino clawed frogs but i walked out with a set of male mice lol. i know a bit about them from reading (both in the past and today, i research things when i'm bored lol). but i want to know:

-home made toys

-appropriate store toys (i have a full wheel for them, not the wire ones and a mini igloo)

-suggested cage dimensions (i currently have them in an empty aquarium cause the cage that my room mate gave me has a hole in the bottom but i want to go get my own)

-treats i can give (apple and so on)

-how can i make something for them to climb on (DIY)

-how to manage to get them to be more tame (i put one in a cup and held it a bit over the ground (still in the aquarium, so not that high) and put my hand in front of the cup so it would have to climb over my hand to get down, and it's worked for that one, but the chubby one (Frank, according to my boyfriend), is just a really "RUN AWAY FROM THE HUMAN!!" sort of mouse

these are the feeder type mice. they're white with red eyes and really small, meant for feeding to snakes and such.

i currently have a wheel, an igloo, some tissue which they have been using for their nest, i'm using yesterdays news for bedding, a hard plastic cup for them to explore, and a large stone Buddha that was bought in the fish isle which they go nuts over with the climbing.

kinda funny actually, in the store Adely (the same guy who got into rabbits cause i got one) said mice are stupid pets, now he's going back tomorrow to get some lol

:)in my mousekeeping days i used Rotastak - a sort of modular system for small critters.

the only mousemistress i can think of on the forum is Myia09 - she has posted pics of her very cute crew!

Latest posts

Back