I need help...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nose_twitch

Reaction score
:bigtears:I just went to an animal shelter andsaw a zillion bunnies, most of them OBVIOUSLY former pets as they wereso friendly and just wanted to be loved.

The one that broke my heart was an older rabbit. He looked sofrail, and I thought...you poor baby, you should be spending your lastyears in a quiet home, not a loud, scary shelter with a bunch ofbarking dogs.

I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sad:

Hey, that's sad but you should remember that notall people are bad - you're an example- otherwise youwouldn't be so hurt and moved by the consequences of theactions of those that are:hug:

Oh how sad. I'm surprised you wereable to resist bringing that older bunny home. I think thatwould break my heart too.

I wish I had the words to say to somehow help...but I don't.I wish I could be there to adopt that older bunny....but I can't.

But I will pray that some folks find it in their hearts to want bunnies and go to the shelter...

Peg

nose_twitch,

i know exactly what you mean,i just cannot visit an animal shelter theyare way to depressing,just looking at all those sad unwanted eyes justhearts my heart so much that it haunts me,how can people be so cruel tosomething that relied on them to love it and feed it and take care ofit.

i got my dog from the rspca a few years back,i have never been to onesince,i just couldnt stop thinking about all those lonley animals ,somewhich will be put to sleep forever,its just so sad how people can be socruel.

ohh i cannot even visit the shelter sites on the net,i turn all teary.

just take a look at their eyes,omg how could anyone be so cruel.

yeah i hate those kind of people too

cheryl.....

Thanks for your replies everyone. Iappreciate the empathy, and I'm sitting here pondering if I should goback and get that unwanted older bunny. I don't have an extracage, but maybe I could block off an area in my room...i just don'tknow what to do. :(

Awww thats so sad. I agree people give up ontheir pets too easily but there are some cases where they just don'thave a lot of choice. It's still really sad though.

Cristy

When I went to a rescue centre to get my two first bunnies, there was an older bunnie in there.

It was 9 years old, had eye problems and had to have eye drops put intoits eyes every day. Ofcourse nobody wanted it because it wasold, and plus the vet bills for the eye drops.

But the great news was, there was an old couple looking for a rabbitwhen we were purchasing our two. And as soon as they saw the oldrabbit, straight away they adopted him. They didnt care about the vetbills or his age. I was so happy, otherwise we would of endedup taking 3 rabbits home! But I probually would of had tolive on cabbage soup for the rest of my life, but I wouldnt ofcared. Its just so sad to see older animals in kennels. Theyneed the last few months of their lives in a loving home. :(

But either way, its sad to see ANY animal in kennels. We allwish we could take all of them home, but sadly that isntpossible.

aww thats so sad! i cant go in shelters likethat...i would probably bring home a few or more dogs and bunnies! thatis sad that the older bunny has to be in a place like that..poor thing!i feel sry for every animal in those places!

If you could get a cage for him, and have themoney to look after him, then it would be so nice if you could adopthim. ;)But you really have to think of it in reality firstbefore doing anything.

But think about it..... :D

nose_twitch wrote:
Thanks for your replies everyone. I appreciate theempathy, and I'm sitting here pondering if I should go back and getthat unwanted older bunny. I don't have an extra cage, butmaybe I could block off an area in my room...i just don't know what todo. :(
I would first find out if it had any special needs and also if it waslitter trained (if they knew). I don't know how big therabbit is - but could you use something like a huge tote from Walmartor something as a temporary cage until you could get a cage?Or maybe take the rabbit and then advertise it yourself in the paperand find a home you feel comfortable with?

I wish I could be of more help.

Peg

I don't know about over in the USA but in the UKyou aren't alowwed to adopt an animal, and then give it away to someoneelse. If you don't want it you have to give it back to theKennels. Which is sad but understandable, because there are some evilpeople out there that would give it away to some teenagers.

I think you should adopt it. But make sure you have enough money and space.

Pllllzzzz bring him home :D(im not forcing you or anything.... ;))

Linz_1987 wrote:
I don't know about over in the USA but in the UK you aren'talowwed to adopt an animal, and then give it away to someoneelse. If you don't want it you have to give it back to theKennels. Which is sad but understandable, because there are some evilpeople out there that would give it away to some teenagers.

Pllllzzzz bring him home :D (im not forcing you or anything....;))
you can do that here ...where i live most of the peoplecould care less...you just say you want it,sign some papers and itsyours...they usually dont ask anything else....anybody could walk inthere and get a bunny and then go home and eat it or something awefullike that!:shock:

Linz_1987 wrote:
I don't know about over in the USA but in the UK you aren'talowwed to adopt an animal, and then give it away to someoneelse. If you don't want it you have to give it back to theKennels. Which is sad but understandable, because there are some evilpeople out there that would give it away to some teenagers.

Pllllzzzz bring him home :D (im not forcing you or anything.... ;))
you can do that here ...where i live most of the people could careless...you just say you want it,sign some papers and its yours...theyusually dont ask anything else....anybody could walk in there and get abunny and then go home and eat it or something aweful like that!:shock:

i use those big boards with the two folding flapsthatyou use for a science project...it keeps peapoo in herroom...maybe that would work

You should DEFINATELY adopt that bunny! Hedeserves a good home, and we all know you'd give it to him! You canalways block off an area in your room until u can get a cage!!:bunnydance:go for it!! :)

Really :shock:Thats awful.They are really strict over here if you want to adopt an animal, incasethey end up back in kennels. You have to have a home checkfirst before you adopt an animal, to see if your house is suitableenough for the animal. They also have to be neutered/spayedwithin a week of having the animal if they arent done already, to stopanymore unwanted pets.

But really, if you considered having the oldenforonemoment, youWILL have enoughroom/money for him. So go ahead and adopt him. He will be the happiestbunny ever! I bet! Anything will be better for him than being inkennels.

linz_1987 wrote...Really:shock:Thats awful. They are really strict over here if youwant to adopt an animal, incase they end up back in kennels.You have to have a home check first before you adopt an animal, to seeif your house is suitable enough for the animal. They alsohave to be neutered/spayed within a week of having the animal if theyarent done already, to stop anymore unwanted pets.

...........................................................................................................................

wow they seem like good shelters over there.over here where i live wedont really have a shelter for bunnies,i have heard that they more orless put them to sleep forever as soon as they are broughtin, they dont really get bunnies in anyway(i think mostpeople dump them somewhere),noone doesnt seem to really care abouttheir future.but there are heavenly people out there who do take inunwanted bunnies,these are just ordinary people looking out for theirneeds and taking these bunnies into their own home just waiting forsomeone to adopt them,its sad that these people do not get recognised,icould give these people the most biggest hug,and say thankyou for doingwhatthey do.

anybody can walk into a shelter over here and buy a cat or dog,desexedof course,but there are no questions asked no home visits nothing,aslong as there is a spare cage for another unwanted animal they arehappy.

nose_twitch

i know that bunny would get so much love from you:)

Latest posts

Back