I need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
Due to some family problems, that at this time Icannot explain, I might have to find new homes for my three beautifulbabies, Foo Foo (age 4), Sweetie Pie (age 2 1/2)and Buttercup(age 1 1/2). I can't imagine not having them anymore - but ifthatis the case the only way I could try to deal with it, isif I had someone who was a "hands-on" bunny person. Someonewho would love them and give them a nice life. Someone whowould let them exercise each day and give them fresh food/Hay/Parselyand water. Someone who would clean the poop out of thecage. They are outdoor rabbits. I'm not sure ifthey would be able to become indoor rabbits - because of their digginghabbits.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to approach finding them another home?

Please don't think badly of me - I love them so much - I have no options - it's out of my control.

I do have time though, I have about three months.

Where do I begin? Help.

Start with the House Rabbit Society and see ifthey can help. Also check with your local shelters, aveterinarian might be able to keep an ear out for you was well.

God, Foofoosmom1, we don't think badly of you. I'm so sorry about the issues that have come up.

-Carolyn

So sorry u have to give up your bunnies. I had todo the same with my dogs a week ago. Its sad. But i didnt have alot oftime. so thats good you got some time to figure something out.

Cristy

Hi FooFoosmom,

sorry to hear that you have to give up your Pets.:( Ihave a suggestion.Get in touch with the Cooperative Extension the 4h Office. They willmost likely be able to put you intouch with the Rabbit clubs in yourdistrict. 4Hers are always looking for rabbits and they are welltrained in the care and feeding of their animals. :DI hope this proveshelpful.

Dennis,C.V.R.:)

A fe ppl on here have asked others to look after rabbits, where do you live, you might be near someone on here???

Like Bunny_Mad said if it is going to be a temporary thing I'm sure you could find some people near you to watch them.

If you need to find permanent homes for them I would first start byasking people that you know if they would be able to care for one ormore of your bunnies. If you have no luck there you could try postingan ad in the newspaper (orat an animalfeed store).Then when people respond to the ad you can ask them any questions youwant to know that would affect the bunny and write their responsesdown. Then you can file their answers and a ratingof howcomfortable youfeel with them. Then you can look over each"file" and see who you think would be best for each rabbit.

Sometimes things come up in our lives that we can't control and whenthose things happen we need to sacrifice some things. If anything Ithink people will think highly of you for looking out for what is bestfor your babies and not what is necessarily best for you.

Also where in NY do you live? I might be able to help you out somethings. Feel free to send me a private message.

Lissa

Latest posts

Back