I need help figuring out how to worm…

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MybunnyMilo

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I keep trying to find any information on how to worm with fenbendazol safeguard dewormer, we have some on hand, I heard 20mg, he is about four pounds and I would like to deworm his sister to who is about 3 pounds, how often would I keep giving them 20mg? And how should I give it to him? Maybe on an oat or something. Thanks! 💜

Please refer to the first thread you made about this, where I already shared the dose and frequency I typically use for treating pinworms. The amount of a medication or dewormer that's needed, is based on the amount of active ingredient in the bottle, per ml of liquid (eg 100mg/ml, 100mg fenbendazole per ml of oral suspension), along with what the published recommended dose is per lb or kg of body weight (eg 20mg/kg, once a day). Those are then used to calculate the amount of liquid dewormer that's needed for the total dose. When I've given oral meds, I just administer it via oral 1ml/cc syringe, into the side of the mouth, using the correctly calculated dose.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Medicating_your_rabbit
You need to realize that we aren't vets here, so we can't give instructions on how to medically treat someone else's rabbit or what dose they should give. We can only share our own personal knowledge (eg what we've read, what we do ourselves), our opinion, or others knowledge or opinions. As I said before, if you aren't familiar with calculating and administering meds, it's best you consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet, to avoid the possibility of an incorrectly calculated dose causing an overdose.

Latest posts

Back