I need help building an outdoor rabbit run

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmais_mommy

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the run I want to build.

wa01595.jpg

I want it to fuction exactly like the model shown. This large run actually cost about $160. If you look at the faded hutch that it is attached to, that's the hutch that I have except I have a small one too, right next to it. My plan is to have both hutches next to each other and have one huge run that they can have access to. My goal is to have the top of the run be strong and functional. The reason why I want to build it is because it needs to be custom sized and because it will save me so much money.

Can anyonehelp me construct this run?

Looks vaguely similar to the chicken run I have for my birds, should not be hard to make, especially if you use the dimensions that lumber already comes in. (check your lumberyard to see what they carry before making your plans.) Each panel is essentially a picture frame on a large scale. I'd use screws to hold the pieces together and brace with the little metal L-brackets. Looks like they used hinges to attach the panels together to make it collapsible? Good hinges aren't cheap and cheap hinges aren't good, so don't scrimp. It's hard to tell how the roof is attached - if the hinges on the panels are meant to make the thing collapsible, then is the roof just resting on there? If you're worried about raccoons, you might sleep better with something attached. Then again, if you're worried about raccoons, you'd want the metal mesh to have smaller holes. You could just do more panels like the sides and have them rest on top, or attach with hook and eye hardware.

This is what I built for my girls last year: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2496/3771203162_a699d1ff64.jpg

But you know what, if you're buying the materials new, I don't know that you're going to save that much money.

Back