I need help/advice for a very sad guinea pig

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here are the pics! I took these last night a little after they got their veggie bowl.

Patches: "Are you sure there are no more veggies?"

001-1.jpg

"Just double-checking..."

003-1.jpg

And the new baby, whom my son has named Blackberry:

007-1.jpg

Oh my goodness, What a couple of cutie pies you have there :hearts

I just love guinea pigs, not a mean bone in their bodies (for most of them anyway) I hope things continue to go well for your children and their new pets. Just be careful though...Once a guinea pig owner always a guinea pig owner! lol

Oh, I have wanted one for years, LOL. I just managed to talk my DH into getting two on the pretense of getting them as pets for the kids.
:wink

They are sooooo cute! :inlove:

I had GP as a pet when I was a kid. We went on vacation and my stupid parents thought they could be on their own for a week. We came home to both (mine and my sister's) dead. They had tipped over their water at some point and then had to go without in the summer. It was so traumatizing I don't think I could ever have another.

gentle giants wrote:
Oh, I have wanted one for years, LOL. I just managed to talk my DH into getting two on the pretense of getting them as pets for the kids.
:wink
LOL! I can't use that excuse since I don't have any kids :p

Wait til they understand what the sound of the refridgerator opening or the sound of the cutting boardmeans.

There will be all kinds of wheeking going on :biggrin2:

Oh yeah, they already know that! The kids feed them their pellets and hay, but I do the veggies since that involves using a knife. I am gone two evenings a week right now, my Dh says that they start wheeking as soon as my headlights shine in the living room window! :rollseyes

gentle giants wrote:
Oh yeah, they already know that! The kids feed them their pellets and hay, but I do the veggies since that involves using a knife. I am gone two evenings a week right now, my Dh says that they start wheeking as soon as my headlights shine in the living room window! :rollseyes

That is soooo funny!!! :biggrin: Piggies are so smart when it comes to snacks and play-time. I usually let Harley and Victor out to play in the ex-pen first.Sean knows that when I gather those two up, it's his and Colin'sturn to play. You should hear the wheeking that goes on then!! Sean is so excited about play-time, that his wheeking is almost deafening. Notforgetting to mention how cute his pudgie tummy looks all pressed to the cage wires waitingfor me to pick him out.

I so love my little rescue boyz. :)I don't think I would have it any other way, knowing I saved my boyz from the"back room."

I am so glad you posted pics of your piggies. They are so sweet looking! :pAre they getting along fine enough to be housed together?

myheart

You know, I am not sure actually. They were doing really great for several days, so I went ahead and moved them in together. But now Patches is following Blackberry all over the cage, constantly doing that rumble/sway thing that is supposed to be a courtship thing, and was mounting Blackberry yesterday. I am about 99% sure that they really are both girls, but I have only had females, so I actually don't know what guinea pig boy parts look like, LOL. Does anyone have a link that I could look at to make sure they are both girls?

Latest posts

Back