I need advice fast

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe. He wants the good stuff before the hay! Itmight just take a bit to get used to mommy not giving him the pellets..and yes you have to eat your hay! Silly boy! Glad things are improving!

He is indeed a very silly boy. Today, he ate up quite a lot of the hay given to him. I'm so glad he is returning to normal.

Glad to hear that your bunny is better!

How old is he and what kind of pellets are you feeding him? If he's anadult, you might want to have him on a timothy-based pellet.Timothy-based pellets are higher in fiber and lower in protein. Thatcombined with regular feedings of timothy hay, oat hay, or orchardgrass should keep him from having that problem again. I suggest readingthis article:

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-7/gi.html

Thks all for the concern. He is getting better everyday.

Yulipo: He is a one year old lop and is been feed a small amt of oxbowpellet for adult rabbit and unlimited oxbow timothy hay/orchard hay.

Hey all, Tangtang is acting abnormally again. Hecompeletly stopped eating and drinking and he's very listless. I hadalready bought him to the vet but vet says he's perfectly fine. Butsince he's not eating and drinking, vet fears GI might developtherefore prescribed him some medicine to promote gut mobility and atube of bene-bac gel. I had been force feeding/drinking him. It hadbeen a day already and he had started to eat but amt he ate is only1/10 of wat he usually eats. He refused to eat pellets at all and willonly eat a few pieces of vege and a small amt of hay. Poo he producedare so small. Vet say unless he is feeling stress but i didn not changeanything or add anything to the surrounding. His diet didn change also.He now hides in a corner and sleeps throught the day n nite.so anyonehave any idea wats happening to him? Are rabbits afraid of thunder? Theonly thing i could think of is thunder coz the day before he becomesabnormal, there's heavy rain which has a lot of loud thunder. But afterthe thunder, he's still normal so i really have no idea of watshappening to him. Wat can i do to make him recover? Its breaking myheart to see him acting like this.

Thunder could stress him out, yes, but unlesshe's really a nervous bunny that always reacts badly to such things, Idoubt that's his ongoing problem.

How long ago were you at the vet's? Did the vet take a stoolsample, draw blood and/or knock him out to get a good look at his backmolars?

Is he molting? Are his poops stringy?

Has he been eating progressively less? Does (or did) he seem hungry but then decided not to eat?

What are you force feeding him?

Also, is he still eating the same hay you had before? Are you sure thebag is okay and not moldy? (Ditto with his pellets).

Tempt him with fresh pineapple and canned pumpkin if you haveit.And rub his tummy and keep him warmandalso keep him moving around.

sas

:yeahthat

Also, did the vet say anything about gas? It sounds like hedid not give you anything for it. What does his stomach feellike. Is it more hard than normal? Is he pressinghis belly against the floor, or sitting up looking veryuncomfortable? If he has gas, simethicone can relieveit. It's in baby gas medicine, but I don't know the brandnames over there.

I can't really suggest anything more, just keephim eating. Test with all his favourite foods and maybe almost annoyhim with it hourly. I have had the same problem a few times. With noteating and drinking for a few days, and Pepsi has always come around.

Just keep him eating. Try hand feeding him and dipping his hay inwater. You can't let him not eat so if he's eating thats great, justkeep encouraging him to eat more. I'd also suggest putting a warm towel(rom the dryer) for him to lie on. It helps to motivate his gut andcomforts them a lot if there in any gas pain.

My bunny been through the not eating phase around five times..Sometimes it's been from new machinery running, nail clipping, comingout on a bad day for her. Pepsi's really sensitive so I haveto watch it! He'll come around from it, i'm sure, in a few days. :)

Hey all, he just passedaway..........:cry1I feel so sad............. He is so youngy did he died suddenly. Bought him to vet on wednesday nite and he hadbeen eating a bit more yesterday n today but now,He isdead.............. just like tat..........

In loving memory Tangtang -- 5April 05to 22April 06.

ohhhhh nooooo,im so,so,so sorry,omg i just cannot believe he is gone:(

you must be so devestated.

rest in peace little guy:(

cheryl:tears2:

Oh nooooo....:imsorryTangtang was one of myfavourite bunnies. :bigtears:

I'm devastated... :tears2:I can't imagine how you must feel. :sad:

Seeing as the vet couldn't tell you what was wrong with him before,maybe s/he will now. :(

Again, so sorry for your loss.

:rip Tangtang :bunnyangel:

sas :cry2

Thks all... I had already bury him. Don wish todisturb him anymore since he is dead therefore didn bring it to vet. Heis being burried near to Tiantian. Wish they could binkie free together.

OMG i didn neo i'll be so devasted upon hisdeath. I went to sleep at 12am andat 3am, i woke up ncouldn't get back to sleep anymore. I tried not to think of him n fornearly an hour, i managed to controll myself from crying, but aftertat, my tears just flow down uncontrollably and i break down n criedfor more than half an hour:cry2. I had to stop myself from crying bytelling myself tat he had actually been break free from his sufferingsn he would not want to see me crying like tat too. I finally clam downat 5am and laid on bed having difficulty sleeping, tossing, turning nof course thinking about him. Near 7, i finally fell asleep but by 8, iwas up again. This is so hard...Its even worse than when my firstrabbit dies... and as i was typing, my tear fell again....... I hadalso make up my mind never to get another rabbit again as a companionfor my remaining rabbit, Xuanxuan......... therefore Xuanxuan mightjust be my last and final rabbit...... after two deaths, i no longerhave the courage to get two rabbits n try to bondthemtogetherfor fear that one of them will leave again as thatsalways the case. Both death occure just one week before the date that ihad planned to start the bonding........... maybe i'm just not fated tosee the joy of getting two rabbits bonded and living happilytogether....... But i thanked Tangtang for allowing me to get himbonded to xuanxuan until xuanxuan reaches purberty and fights brokeout. At least i get to see the view of two rabbits living togetherhappily for a month althought not forever.......

:rip Tangtang....I miss u so so so much......

I'm so sorry to hear about TangTang! I can'texpress my feelings for you. You know, my thought on thisisevery living thing was put on this earth for a reason.Tangtang gave you love and got it back. He experienced a fantasticlife, and loving you waswhat he loved to do, and I'm sure hewouldn't want you to be upset. Loosing someone you love is always hard,but it's never a goodbye.. just see you later.

I'll be thinking of TangTang tonight and wishing for your pain to ease a bit.

:angelandbunny:R.I.P - Yourlittle angel

:bunny5 I am so sorry for your loss, I know whatyou are going thru. I have lost a few best friends, but my last horsehit me the hardest. One of the girls at the barn gave me this poem andit helped me get thru it; I hope it does the same for you. I have alsoincluded a website I found when searching for the poem for you, maybeit will help.
http://www.pet-loss.net/

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there, I did not die.

Mary Frye

As always you also have your friends at RO to talk to.

Back