I need advice fast

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunrab

Reaction score
Hi pple

I find my bunny Tangtang acting rather abnormally. Usually, when he wasbeen feed a bowl of vegetables, he will finish it up pretty fast, buttoday, he haven even finished his bowl of vegetable after 1hour. Also,since yesterday, he had started to reduce intake of hay and his poo haddecreased quite a lot. Some of the poo is normal but some is smaller.Yesterday, i changed his litterpan at about 1pm but till 9pm, there isonly 2 poo which is very abnormal. This morning, there was more poo inthe pan but compared to other days, the amount of poo had greatlydecreased. He still eats but the intake had reduced. Example, his bowlof hay, i had to refill every morning n nite but since yesterday, i donot even need to refill it until now there's still a lot of hay left.What is happening to him? Pls advice asap.

Is he molting?

Really try and get him to drink a lot of water and move around alot. Exercise is good. His digestivetrack is slowing down for some reason.

Maybe try some apple juice in the water, or give him some fresh pineapple juice.
Do you have any canned pumpkin? Not the sweetened kind, justplain canned pumpkin. If you can get him eatingthat, it's a source of moist fiber.

If he stops pooping, he should see a vet.

How is he acting at the moment,is he stillhopping around like normal doing his normal things or is he justsitting or lying down all the time?another thing is,is he stilldrinking water? you really need to just keep a very close eye on him tosee how he is acting.

he may need to go see a vet,just keep us posted on how he is going

cheryl

He is molting. He still eats but for sm reason,hedid not poo for almost 5 hours already. He only pee. I donot have canned pumpkin. I think i had not seen my country sell cannedpumpkin before. He did drink a lot of water and is moving around butwhat worries me is tat he had not poo. Usually, after i changed thelitterpan, he will jump in n pee and poo but today he did not.

cheryl13 wrote:
How is he acting at the moment,is he still hopping aroundlike normal doing his normal things or is he just sitting or lying downall the time?another thing is,is he still drinking water? you reallyneed to just keep a very close eye on him to see how he is acting.

he may need to go see a vet,just keep us posted on how he is going

cheryl

At this time of the day, he is usually sleeping. He is now laying in amother hen position with eyes closed taking a nap. He will eat a littlewhen i hand feed him hay but he still dosen poo. Anyway, is it normalfor rabbits to not poo for such a long hour?

how long has it been now since he lastpooped?does he seem to be in pain?is he grinding his teeth?will he eatpellets if you give him any?

i know with my buns they dont poop much during the day,but they poop more at night though.

im hoping so much that your little boy is ok,still keep us posted on the little guy

cheryl

It had been nearly 6 hours or more since he lastpooed. I cant be sure of the timing but its definetly 6 hours coz mysis cleaned his living area and let him out to roam the house at about12.30noon and since then he had not pooed. He still eats pellets, hayand drinks. I'm wondering y did he not poo since he had finallyfinished eating his bowl of vegetables and he ate a stalk of celery atabout 1+pm. he is now laying flat on the floor with his head down onthe floor too. I certainly hope there's nothing wrong with him. I cantphone the vet either as it will only open at 7pm. Meanwhile, i keepgoing to look at him. He eats but nothing comes out.

have you tried to pick him up?what does he do?if hes still drinking that is good,just make sure he has plenty ofwater,do you think hes just relaxing at the moment?do you thinkmassaging his tummy might help?you can always just try that.

just keep a very close eye on him and see how he does.

is there any vet at all that you could call to get some advice?

cheryl

cheryl13 wrote:
have you tried to pick him up?what does he do? if hes stilldrinking that is good,just make sure he has plenty of water,do youthink hes just relaxing at the moment?do you think massaging his tummymight help?you can always just try that.

just keep a very close eye on him and see how he does.

is there any vet at all that you could call to get some advice?

cheryl
He hates to be picked up since he is small...so i didn pick him up. Ijust gave him some pellets and he is just as active as he always is. soexcited when he hears the pellets sound. He finished the pellets inless than a minute. He is now moving around in his pen. I'm nowwondering if its the hay tat he don't like.... He dosen seems to eatmuch hay. Its orchard hay i'm feeding him...later i'll buy a packet oftimothy hay to see how he reacts. No eat hay= no poo?

if hes eating and drinking like normal that is avery good sign,and if he is getting excited over his pellets well thatis even better,and hes moving around as normal so that is good aswell,im happy to hear that.

you said that your sister let tangtang out to roam,do you think he pooped somewhere that you didnt see?

yeah,try switching his hay to timothy hay and see if he likes that better

(we dont have timothy hay over here in australia)

like i said,just keep a eye on him to see how he goes,

ohhh these bunnies just love to make us worry so much about them.

but please keep us posted on how tangtang is doing

cheryl

I'm sure he didn poo anywhere else. As he roam,i was keeping an eye on where he goes n didn see any poo. Anyway, i'mgoing out now to buy the hay and see hopw things go. Really so worriedcoz last time had a quite similiar event and the bunny died.

ohhh,yeah that would make me worry even more aswell,but i know that you are taking good care of him and watching himso he is in good hands.

please let us know how he is doing later on,i really want to know.

take care and lots of love

cheryl

I dont want to be redundant but pineapple mayhelp if his bowel is slowingdown. I also read they won't eat if theycan't get the water so check your water bottle to make sure it isworking. I am not a Dr but maybe a warm towel will help. I have triedthat with small animals in the past that ate things they weren'tsupposed to.
good luck, keep us posted:
pray:

Thks all for the advice. Tangtang is doing well.He started pooing after i gave him the new packet of timothy hay andpineapple. He's eating his vege, drink water and his pellets but isreally slowing down ineating his hay. He came out for hisruns today and is a very gd boy. He even tried to pull Xuanxuan's dishbowl over his side even though they are seperated by a fence. His nowwaiting for his pellets which i'll only give at 9pm. How can i make himeat the hay? Last time he usually finish the hay in a day but now, idon even need to refill for two days.

thats just the news i wanted to read,im so happy TangTang is doing his little bunny business again,Whoo Hoo for TangTang :D

cheryl

I'm so glad he's feeling better!

After problems like this it sometimes takes a while for a rabbit to becompletely back to his normal self. Keep feeding hay likenormal, and try putting it in more toys and different spots around hiscage and play area. The more he sees it, the more likely itis that he'll eat some.

[line]
Glad to hear your bunnies improving! My rabbit loves grass and shegobles down her hay when I dip it in water because I think it remindsher more of grass. When my rabbit goes through this, it takes herawhile to get back to her pellets, so hopefully it's the same with yourrabbit with the hay. :)

His poo had increased today but hay intake isstill low. He keeps standing at one corner waiting for me to give himpellets and i always walk over n tell him to eat hay instead coz i wontgive him pellets until evening time. He must be so mad a me;)

Latest posts

Back