I might possibly be getting another rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChompersMom

Reaction score
I was looking on Craigslist (like I never ever should because I get tempted easily) and saw someone was selling an English lop. I wanted an English lop ever since I learned what they were on this forum. His name is Rubert and he's only an hour and a half away from me. He's a SR buck and used to be shown but the owner who breeds English lops has 2 bucks herself that beat him so she would rather have the cage space than keep him. I think I'm going to drive up to the place he is sometime next week to see him :):). Here's a pic of him that she sent me:

Rubert.jpg

Isn't he an adorable little guy? He's a broken tort too! Temptation is too strong :p

OMG he's so handsome. You MUST get him. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes your way.

Susan:apollo:

Thank you both and I most def. will keep you all updated! I just have to figure out my boyfriend's schedule and mine so we can find a time to drive up together and go look at him. I'm so excited :pinkbouce:

There is one other guy who is supposed to be looking at him this weekend but the girl who's getting rid of him said the guy seems flaky and she doesn't think he will even show. I sure hope he doesn't :p

You are so lucky. I know exactly what rabbit and what breeder this guy is from. I have seen her website many times, and her English Lops are gorgeous.

I am so jealous. A broken tort English Lop is my dream rabbit.

If everything works out I'm going today to go see him/possibly take him home! Wish me luck guys! I'm so excited :) (course his name is def. changing..I don't like Rubert. Any ideas?)

Yeah, what time you going? :bunnydance::pinkbouce::pinkelepht::party::bunny18:group::party0002:

We need pictures as soon as you get back.

Susan:apollo:

I'm still waiting on her return call, but it looks like she said around 5 PM Arizona time so about 6 more hours. I don't know if I can wait that long!! :pullhair: Expect LOTS of pics when I get back though :):)

AHHH! It's only 1 pm Arizona time! I will be gone from like 4pm - 10pm tonight! I have a long time to wait to find out if you got him! lol.

He is such a gorgeous bunny! Looks just like an older version of my Alfie.

Must have more photos, must have them...!

English lops are so great!

Good luck! I hope you get him! I understand your sense of impatience, when BF said we could get Rory from the animal shelter, I had to wait until 4 pm the next day to go and I was terrified that someone would snatch him up before then as rabbits don't last long at the shelter here (and there are some questions as to what the people who "adopt" the buns have in mind for their futures). Thank goodness he was still there! Perhaps you can do something special to help keep your mind off the wait?

It was a 2 and a half hour drive to see "Rubert":

Picture012.jpg

Picture011.jpg

but it was well worth the journey...

I had to stop at Petsmart for a few things and figured I'd let him run around a bit and stretch those legs (since I work in the grooming salon I can let any of my pets run around there):

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture013.jpg

He has been renamed, Moose. I just didn't like Rubert.. and now he is finally home!! :pinkbouce::pinkelepht::pinkbouce::happyrabbit:

I LOOOOVE Moose! Oh my gosh, he is so adorable! Please bring him up to Prescott so I can cuddle him, really! I'll buy you lunch...hahaha!

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Back