I love the people who lived at my house before me..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marrie

Reaction score
So, we were doing some garage sorting because whoever sold this house to our landlord did not clear it out and neither did the landlord - everything in it was fair game to be used / tossed at our leisure.

Well, I am about to adopt a bunny and was about to go buy NIC cubes / plastic sheets for the cage... but what do I find in the garage?

Baby gate fencing sheets, as tall as two NIC squares and almost as long as two (with tiny holes, so can't squeeze through). Enough to build a reasonable sized bunny cage that they can't jump out of. And hard plastic doors that can be fixed up to be water proof quite easily and large enough for the bottom. AND a baby gate big enough for our doors, to block off the room I don't want the bunny in.

And also a giant beach towel was left in the linen closet, which I can put down over the plastic for a soft resting place after a thorough wash.

Went out to pet store to get the rest of the supplies needed today. Water bottle, food, litter box, chew sticks, I have toys galore from the small animal department that I keep stocked up for my bird, huge bag of hay. I'm making a hay rack from stuff we have around the house. Got lots of paper to shred and we have boxes to make a digging box.

Other things that were left at the house: wooden shelving (bunny resting levels?), a george foreman grill, two giant stainless steel stock pots, a circular saw, a chainsaw, a car (which the landlord removed for us, thankfully as it was broken).

Just have to wait until after easter to enter the adopting process since the shelters put a hold on bunnies until after easter is over, to avoid whim adoptions. In the mean time i'll be bleaching / washing this stuff to make sure it's all clean and then assembling it :big wink:

[align=center]That's awesome! 8D Lucky you! x3

Hehe indeed - boyfriend is happy he doesn't have to spend $50 on cage materials now to adopt the bunny :p until later that is... when I want to build a NIC two story condo mwahaha

Wow! That is amazing that you found all that stuff. It will save you a lot of money for sure!

Back