I just want to say thank you!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassnessxox

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone in this forum for convincing me to get my bun spayed :biggrin2: When I first came here, before I got my little boy Bambi, I didn't want to get my girl spayed. I couldn't understand why you would put an animal through surgery to change their behaviour, and frankly I never considered fixing an animal unless it was a female and going to be around males.

But I couldn't be happier. Almost a month later and she seems so happy and energetic! She is much more sociable and I can't stop her running, digging and binkying around the backyard! She even jumped up on our bed for cuddles instead of hiding underneath it like she used to!

I'm just really glad that I came here and obtained the information I needed to make such a good decision! I just wish more people knew about this. Now that Bambi has been neutered I can't wait to start bonding them so I can watch them run, dig and binky together :big kiss:

Yay! I'm glad you had a positive experience. I did too. When i got Agnes spayed I was so nervous and to now see how much better of a companion she is I have no regrets either :)

I have a personal theory that we are actually making them happier by taking away the constant urge to reproduce it allows them to enjoy other things more thoroughly.

Keep us updated on the bonding, I hope that goes good too! Mymtwo bonded without even ONE little scuffle.

Spaying can do wonders to the behaviour of some rabbits.

Trixie, a rabbit I am fostering, had a bad case of the hormones. She would lunge and grunt and was pretty anti social and territorial. After she got spayed, she has been a totally different rabbit, she is social and not aggressive at all. She was always good with her litter box habits though. She is now a rabbit that you would want to adopt rather and a hormonal little bugger whose options were limited.

Cleo's behaviour has changed several times. When we first got her she was a nightmare to put back in her cage, she obviously hadn't been handled too much before us. She would hop around for a bit then sit on the top step of our stairs for as long as we would let her.

When we moved house she seemed to perk up a bit, this house had carpet with wonderful traction for binkying. I had never seen her binky that much before.

However only a few weeks after we moved the landlord wanted to put down hard floors. This seemed to throw Cleo into this sad, bored mood. She would just sit at the top of our stairs and hide under the bed if we ever left the door open. She would go outside now and again and dig a little but not much. It made me so sad, I thought I had done something wrong, lost her trust or something.

So we got Bambi as a companion only to find out he was a boy. So came the spaying. I have never seen her so happy! Binkying and flopping around, she was practically rolling in the dirt earlier!

It will be interesting to see how Bambi turns out. He is still confined a little, just because his tiny scar is a bit red. But I think he is already a bit better with his litter box and seems to be more placid and friendly, though he is eager to get out and binky around.

Soon, my bunnies, and you can meet each other properly!

Latest posts

Back