I just got a Rabbit for the first time and I have a question about something going on.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CizreK

Reaction score
I got this little fluff ball last Thursday. Everything is fine. I've never had a rabbit so I am learning as I go but he is fine and doing well.

The thing is is since then my skin has this weird tingly sensation. He has scratched me and I have held him and everything. I'm not allergic to anything other than a couple medicines. The scratches don't itch. I can breathe fine. No runny nose. Nothing.

Just a super annoying tingle all over my body seems to jump around randomly.

Does this mean I am allergic to him in some way? The breeder told me I could take him back if I needed to but I don't really want to yet. Just been aggravating having this go on.

I was allergic to my bunny when I first got him. But then it went away.
What I am experiencing is very minimal. It feels like the onset of scabbies but I def do not have scabbies. lol.
Just very slight feeling of a hair falling on my skin or something.

Sometimes it can disappear but it can also become worse.

Myself it’s allergic to grass, I never reacted on hay until I had own my bunnies for 1 year. It have only gotten worse. With just itchy nose to getting red rashes where I come in contact with hay, itchy throat and eyes.

But I still have my bunnies, because I truly love them. If my allergy get even worse than what it is, I’ll have to find a new home.

So you also have to think about if your allergy will become worse or stay as it is. Because becoming attached to your bun make it even harder to give them away.

Back