I just found out I'm losing my job (after 15 years)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
I just found out I'm losing my job after beinghere 15 years. My whole division is being let go.And you want to know the first thing I thought of? Not moneyor finding another job.....But more time with my daughter and my threebunnies! I know I should be sad, maybe it really hasn't hitme yet. But I'd love to get up in the morning and take mydaughter to the bus stop, go for a walk/jog and then play with mybunnies!!! I'll make those bunnies love me. They willgive me those kisses:D

Thanks for letting me vent.

Thank you Carolyn, for your kind words andprayers. My position will be eliminated sometime toward theend of the year.Our company was acquired by anothercompany. At least I have time to save andprepare. And like I said, I'm ready for a little break andlove the thought of being with my Foo Foo, Sweetie Pie and Buttercup!

When I got fired from my hog job.....It wasimpossible to even try to please him, her, and herbrother-in-law. If I hadn't been scared to death about how Iwas going to survive with all of my critter family, the only feeling Iwould have had as I drove out of the place was relief.I paced. I cried. I prayed. 15 dayslater, I started school. Going to school is a lot harder thanworking with the hogs, but I feel there will be a lot better futurecoming.

Good luck. Maybe you will now find your true notch.

Thank you gjsara and Dolores for your kind wordsand thoughts. Maybe I'll go to school to be a Vet (yeah,right!) that would be one way to cut those doctor bills!!!

Foofoosmom, you have a greatattitude! As you mentioned, it's also a blessing that youhave some time to save and prepare.

I'll be praying and sending good thoughts your way that everything will work out for the best.

Wow, what a wonderful out look on life youhave! Most other people would be so upset, but you're sodelightfully optimistic...it's refreshing! I'm sure that yourdaughter and bunny babies will love having you around more.When I was growing up both of my parents worked and I always lovedthose days when mom had a day off and it was just the girls.Good luck with everything :)

-Carrie, Martin, and Emmit

You mentioned becoming a vet.....I don't know howold you are, but you mention walking your daughter to the bus stop, soyou must not be as darn old as me. My first love would bebecoming a vet, but I don't have the 8 or so years it takes to go toschool to become one. That's why I'm entering The NursingProgram this fall after taking pre-recs for a year and a half (startedschool in January of 2003). If this is something near& dear to your heart, then you go for it before a whole lotmore time goes by. Time is something that we cannever get back. When it's gone, it's gone.

I didn't go to college when I was younger. By the time Istarted, I had not sat in a class room for 42 years. Likesomeone else wrote in this forum, life happened. I became amother two days after my 17th birthday. I am by far theoldest in any of my classes, but you know what? There reallyisn't a "traditional" student anymore.

Emmits_mom and Bunnymommy,

Thanks....you made me smile because I never really thought of myself assomeone with "such a great attitude" - not that I thought the opposite- I just never really thought about it. It's a nicecompliment and I thank you for that.

Your situation and your actions/expectationstowards what is happening to you is simply amazing! I absolutely lovehearing positive out of negative, or shall I say the possibility ofreaching for something even higher!

Wayto go, and all paws are crossed for your new path inlife

Cher

I know most all of us must work to survive intoday's day and age, but no one on their death bed ever wished theyspent more time at work.

Enjoy your children and enjoy your bunnies.

Buck

I've never seen someone so happy to loose theirjob, you have good reason. I hate every hour i spend away from myrabbits, my hamster, my bird and my cat. We are all one big family. :D

Carrots:D

I want to lose my job! LOL i hate it and i wouldlove more time with foo foo and God. But b/c my hubby and i work fulltime i have to find a new home for Foo Foo :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Steph:(

Losing a job after such a long time reminds me ofan article I just read in "Reader's Digest" about Eastman Kodak closingdown in Rochester, NY, and moving to China and Mexico. Thereare tons of people who thought that they had a job for the rest oftheir lives. There are a lot of upset lives...people whobought homes there, etc.

Latest posts

Back