I haz a bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pherber12

Reaction score
My sister got me a bunny for my birthday! I'd been looking around for one for a couple months so on Saturday she took me to our local SPCA and I got Roxy. Roxy had been left behind when her owners moved and had been brought in the the SPCA by the landlord. I don't understand how people can be so retarded. According to the girl at the SPCA it happens quite a bit that owners move and leave their animals behind in the apartment or house they had been renting. I don't know how they can think it's so hard to drop the animals off themselves and at least give a little info on them.

Consequently, I don't know Roxy's age or breed. I'm thinking she is some sort of Lop mix judging by the size and shape of her ears -- her right ear always seems to want to flop to the side. If anyone recognizes the breed or if anyone knows how I could possibly judge her age that would be appreciated.

She is such a friendly little bunny -- not afraid of anything, and very curious. I had planned to leave her in her cage the first couple days to let her get settled and get used to her new environment but she wasn't having any of that. She ate continuously for the first 4 hours she was home and then demanded to be let out to explore. My apartment had already been bunny-proofed, so I tied my dog to the couch, so they could both get used to each others presence without having him chase or scare her. The dog had been visiting her and smelling her through the cage all morning and she didn't seem bothered at all by his presence.

She is amazing. She is not afraid of people, I sat on the floor while she explored and she was climbing all over me. She loved to be petted and even flopped over onto her side while I was petting her. I couldn't believe it. She hadn't known me for more than 4 hours and she was already very trusting. I have no idea how anyone could not want this little bunny, she really is perfect.

Anyway, here are some picture of my dear Roxy. Can anyone tell me what color she is? Her head and ears are grayish, but the fur on her body is actually brownish instead of gray -- thought I don't think that comes out in the pictures...

cutebunny1.jpg
cutebunny1.jpg
cutebunny1.jpg
bunnycute1.jpg

bunnycute2.jpg

bunnycute3.jpg

bunnycute4.jpg

bunnycute5.jpg

bunnycute6.jpg

The green comforter she is laying on is my dog's bed, and he was quite horrified when she made herself at home on it :)

She is beautiful! I love the pics of her on your dogs bed, that's so cute.

Welcome to the forum by the way, I got carried away with the cuteness of those pics :D

She's very lucky to have found such a lovely home :)

If you want to know her breed and colouring you can post that along with a picture and her weight in the Rabbitry forum. My guess is her colouring is something like a chinchilla or a squirell of the same colour that Polly's Myrtle is whose name escapes me (that won't mean anything to you though, lol).

I look forward to seeing you around and seeing more pictures of beautiful Roxy.

Take care

Tracy
x

She is so adorable. That is amazing she warmed up so quickly. Sounds like she will be a very loving bun. I love the last picture.

Roxy is beautiful!! And that photo of your dog grooming her head is just so precious!! I'm glad Roxy found her way to you :)

somebunny wrote:
Roxy is beautiful!! And that photo of your dog grooming her head is just so precious!! I'm glad Roxy found her way to you :)

lol, thanks. though on the dog's part it was more of slobbering on her head instead of grooming.. but poor Roxy didn't seem to mind :)

Flashy wrote:
She is beautiful! I love the pics of her on your dogs bed, that's so cute.

Welcome to the forum by the way, I got carried away with the cuteness of those pics :D

She's very lucky to have found such a lovely home :)

If you want to know her breed and colouring you can post that along with a picture and her weight in the Rabbitry forum. My guess is her colouring is something like a chinchilla or a squirell of the same colour that Polly's Myrtle is whose name escapes me (that won't mean anything to you though, lol).

I look forward to seeing you around and seeing more pictures of beautiful Roxy.

Take care

Tracy
x

First welcome to the forum!:great:and welcome to the world ofbeing a bunny slave.

Roxy is a beautiful bunny! Just at looking at the photo's,going by her head shape, body feet and what looks like a beautiful white belly, I would say she might be a light gray Flemish Giant. Thats my opinion, that and fifty cents will also get you a can of soda;). Flemish are very lovable and sweet bunny's.

Welcome to the forum! Roxy is just beautiful! Your poor doggy, having his bed taken over by that "strange gray thing"! Such a cute picture! :biggrin2:

somebunny wrote:
I could not agree more. She is stunning!

kherrmann3 wrote:
Is that the "plotting" look? Does he seem to mind Roxy being around?

nah, it's more of a 'my heart is breaking' look. lol. i keep him tied up to the couch when she is out because he's pretty young and exuberant and i don't want him to get carried away and accidentally hurt her. but she isn't afraid of him and she goes up to visit him. he wags his tail and smells her all over - which she seems to like, lol.

i'm hoping that in a month or so the bunny novelty will have worn off and he'll be able to remain calm when she is about. my biggest worry is that he'll chase her down if she takes off suddenly hence the being tied to the couch :)

Maybe, soon, they will be the best of friends! Bunnies can be quite surprising with doggies...

My parents have a West Highland Terrier (Brody AKA Boogers) who is TERRIFIED of Toby (my Netherland Dwarf). When we first brought Boogers home, he wanted to meet Toby. After a month or so, we put them in the empty hallway (with me hovering over Toby like a hawk). Over-anxious Boogers bounded over to Toby and greeted him with an inquisitive-puppy nose. *whack!* Toby smacked him on the nose and grunted. Then he charged and took a chunk of fur off of Boogers. No injuries, just fur. Boogers would hide when Toby hopped into the room. He still had that, "play!?" look on his face and his ears were up, but he wouldn't go NEAR Toby.

So, you're dog might wind up being scared of Roxy. She seems laid back enough as to not box him :p Don't be surprised if you come home and Roxy is spread out on the doggy bed and doggy (I haven't caught his name) is laying on the floor across the room, looking pathetic.

:p

well, it's started. jack (the dog) was following her and sniffing her.. roxy finally got annoyed and actually growled at him, lol. that is one bossy little bunny...

Latest posts

Back