I HAVE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HI I GOT LUCY SOME PARSLEY YESTERDAY

GOD SHE ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THE SELL BY DATE IS TODAY

WOULD IT BE OK TO PUT IT IN THE FREEZER

FOR ANOTHER DAY

Parsley should not go bad that fast. I nevertried freezing since, since I think it would not taste the same after.Do you use it in your own cooking?

Its easier to just share something you use in cooking like lettuce,so it does not get wasted.

As long as it looks fresh and smells ok, and there is no slimey residue, it's ok.

Don't use iceberg lettuce for your bunnies :)

When it goes bad it gets real limp and dries outor gets slimy my looking, depending on how you refrigerateit. I but it a couple times a week. I doubt itwould freeze well, I don't ever remember seeing frozen parsley

Ed

absolutely loves it

i got her some alfaalfa treats

she dosnt like them as much as the parsley and the kale

Bo seems to LOVE cilantro! He could eatit day and night. It's great because the calcium level is lowso I can give it to him all the time.

Chernish loves green pepper and lettuce and parsley. Also I gave him some clover and he loved eating the flowers.

In answer to the freezing question, nope-sorryparsley does not freeze very well (plus freezing any kind ofFRESHherb/greens does kill off some of its nutrient value aswell) If you do use it, though andare not planning on usingit right away youcan always dry itand then freezeit :)I do have to agree with any slimyness and tisstoast!

Iceberg lettuce is composed of over 80% cellulose and water, hardly anynutrients and when given to buns can cause diarrhea in the poor littleguys er girls too :p

Cher

i am always on the look out for new herbs and veg

for lucy

today i went shopping and bought some BASIL she absolutely loves it

Back