I have the chance to...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Get a 1 year old female broken black Holland Lop for $50 from a breeder who was going to use her to breed, but she was having issues with having babies, so she is wanting her to go to an indoor pet home. She said that she is extremely laid back, likes to be held and loves attention and is good with cats/dogs. She isn't litter trained per se, but does use one corner of her cage all of the time, so it shouldn't be too hard to litter train her, right? If I got her, I would have her spayed. But I like that she's a year old, so her personality is already established and she seems like a pretty laid back and sweet bunny. What do you think? I wasn't going to get a bunny this soon, but I'd hate to pass up such a great bunny. I was looking initially for a broken tort male, but her personality sounds so great. And the fact that she's already a year old means I know what her personality will be like. I want a bunny that my kids will be able to enjoy as well and the lady said that her friend who is a photographer used Oreo for Spring and Easter pictures with over 100 kids and she did fantastic. We wouldn't be able to get her until December, but the breeder said she'd hold her for me for a deposit if we wanted her. Should I do it?? Do you think the litter training would go easily?

If she has designated one corner of her cage as a bathroom area, she should be easy to train. Sounds like she would be ideal for your kids if she has done a bunch of photos with kids and was nice and friendly. You can always get a another rabbit later if that's what you want. Once she is neutered, a male rabbit will be fine especially if she is already laid back, she should bond easily.

Back