I have got a question for any one who wants to answer it

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rabbitluvr wrote:
hey people i have question for all u guys,keep inmind i still havent gotten a rabbit yet and i want to be aware ofeverything, so heres the question, have you guys ever regretted havinga rabbit? :?
NEVER! I love him to pieces.

I worry about the first time we have to leave him for a night orweekend or whatever...... No one can take care of him like I do :(

Worry yes, regret..... no way! it's one of the best things ever!

no regrets here! :) and like Bo, i'mnervous of the day i ever have to leave them for a day or so withsomeone else :shock:

but nothing compares to bunny kisses, or a nose nudge.. or begging for raisins :D

I don't regret any of my buns, not a single bit.

What I do regret is my ignorance in thinking raising rabbits was going to be inexpensive and a piece of cake.

If you carefully chose your rabbit from a reputable breeder, you willnot be disappointed. Sometimes, rabbits from less thanfavorable sources can cause you a lot of heartbreak and grief.

Sometimes I think, "Well, things would certainly be less complicated..."

Balancing a busy school and work schedule is never easy. Vacations aretough to work out, and when I take trips (like the one this summer) Ihave to arrange for them to be properly cared for. Food and vet billscan strain a college-student budget. I'm going to grad school in acouple years, and relocating with 5 pets will be tough.

But do I regret it? Never.

:)

The only thing I regret is that I have onlydiscovered fairly recently just how wonderful rabbits are - I wastedover 30 years of my life without a rabbit :(:p. Now I don't think Icould ever be without one! - Jan

I'm 14, and I have 2 bunnies. Both of my boys areangels, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I NEVER regret havingthem, even when they cause a little trouble :D

Regret? Never! Even duringtheARBA book incident, the DSL line incident, etc.Istill love my Vash.He has comforted me when I feelsad and depressed, made me laugh with his antics, and of course taughtme patience and forgiveness.

I've never regretted a single one of mypets. The closest I've come is Oolong, our bearded dragon...my fiance found him fighting a cat on the side of the road in oursubdivision. Left to my own devices, I would have found alocal reptile rescue to rehome him... but my roomate desperately wanteda bearded dragon, so we kept him. Oolong's an excellentlizard. He's much cooler than any reptile I ever thought ofowning. Still, he's cost us over $1,000 in vet bills in thelast year (chronic abscesses resulting from the cat fight), I have avery bad habit of ignoring small pets who live in cages, and my roomate(the one who desperately wanted a beardie) basically ignores Oolongbeyond paying for part of his vet bills. I love the littleguy, but I'm really not the best person to be in charge of monitoringUV lights, cage temperatures, daily salad preparation, &caretaking of squirmy insect larvae to be fed to the lizard.Still... he's a super cool lizard, & I'm glad he didn't wasteaway in the wilderness or get slaughtered by that cat. :(

Meat was more my idea... I can't forsee regretting her, but then, Iknew what I was getting into by the time I opened myself to bunnyslavedom. :}

My advice to anyone is to research the heck out of any possible newpet, & seriously consider how the addition of said pet is goingto affect your personal lifestyle and/or household.Once you're certain that any "cramping" of your "style" that saidanimal might require is absolutely worth it, then you're ready for thenew member of the family! :D

Latest posts

Back