I have discovered what dewlaps are NOT for!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishmist

Reaction score
They are not for sucking up in a vacuum!!!

I was cleaning the girls cage. They were on the top level, so I was vacuuming out the bottom level. Anwyn all of a sudden came tearing down the ramp.

She ran straight into the vacuum nozzle!!!!

You have to understand that Anwyn has a huge dewlap... in fact I think in a previous post I posted a picture of her. She actually has 2 very distinct dewlaps.

So needless to say when she ran into the hose bothe dewlaps got sucked into the vacumm. When it happened all I could do is just stare at her. Her eyes went to twice the size, in her understandable surprise.

I reacted seconds later and pulled her out of the vaccum cleaner. She immediately turned around and gave me the loudest thump I have ever heard her give.

She is still not talking to me, I explained to her that if she wasn's so nosey it would not have happened. Oh well.

Just to mention.. I checker her out and she is fine... no marks or bruising, except to her ego.

The vacuum cleaner has just moved up on the search and destroy list, I am sure!

:laugh:poor baby LOL. I think it would take my bunnies a long time to forgive me for that LOL.

ROFLOL....have I ever mentioned how much I always loved your posts and your stories. You have a way of sharing things that make me laugh and laugh......

I really needed the laugh tonight - when your darlin lets you pet her again - give her a nose rub for me and say "thanks.."

Peg

My husband just made a comment about the Anwyn vs the Vacuum incident.

He said that Anwyn is lucky that the vacuum didn't give her athird dewlap!!

2178594779_b9834d7877.jpg

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! Poor little girl... SO undignified *snicker snort*. She's a very pretty bun!

:laughsmiley:That POOR girl! That mean sucky up the dirt monster got her!!!

Maybe she thought it would do liposuction on those dewlaps?? ;)

LOL!!

:roflmao:

Awww bless her! That's so funny! I'm not surprised you're getting the bunny butt though! I got that from Mouse for about 3 days last week, they don't forget very easily....:p

Yanno, as funny as that is.. and it is pretty dang funny, I acquired undergunfire/amy's Maddie and Mallory. I clean their cage out with a shop vac.. they push each other out of the way to get cleaned BY the nozzle.. they actually like it... I am terrified I am going to suck Maddie up into the vacuum cleaner..LOL

I think what made your story worse, for me, was the pic of your bun... with the face... like *excuse me woman... who do YOU think YOU are?*

LOL

I Love it!

okay...you guys are all like poor bunny...I say poor vacuum...that must have been the biggest fur ball it has ever sucked up!

Just kidding I am glad all is well with the vacuum and the Anwyn especially!

Back