I HAVE BABIES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alley

Reaction score
This morning at about seven, I woke upto check on my bunny and I didn't see anything but I did notice thatshe pulled anawful lot of hair out. So I went back to bed, Iwoke up again at eight and noticed she was making alot of noise and shewas sitting in her nest, I thought she was just pullingfuruntil I noticed the box moving! When she was done I gaveher some treats and looked in her nest. I can see 4 babies and they'remight be more but I'm afraid to touch them. My aunt is dropping off acamera around noon, so I will post pics. Is there anything I should bedoing now?

Dont be afraid totouch them, she wont kill them, that is a myth. You should get in thereand count how many there are and take out any dead ones. You shouldalso check them every morning to make sure they are beingfed.

~Amy

Is it too early? She just had them, and should I take her out of the cage first? or keep her busy?

I was holding mybabies about 3 hours after they were born. Some mothers can beterritorial so watch out for you hands. If you can block off the nestso you can access it and she cant you might be safer from her.

~Amy

washolding my babies about 3 hours after they were born. Some mothers canbe territorial so watch out for you hands. If you can block off thenest so you can access it and she cant you might be safer from her.

Amy How in the world did youever manage to wait 3 hourslmbo ! I handlle them as soonas they are born , Mymommys dont seem to mind, but I agree WHATCHYOUR HANDS !!!!! andalso make sure to giveMom a nice rub firstthat way she is moreapt to let you handle themas you will smell more like her.

Hahah if I was awake when they were born I would have been holding them! :D

They were born sometime during the nightand I woke up at 7:30 and looked down and there was babies :D

~Amy

:bunnydance: congrats!! i cant wait to see pictures ! is this your first liter?

how i kinda did with the babies was let mom outof cage first as she is extememly protective of that nest lolshe will bite ya if she can get a hold of ya. once i had herout i just got the whole nest box out and pulled out one baby at a timegave it a good look over and then placed them in a box with atowel so i didnt accidently count that baby more thanonce. the first 2 days i would do about 2 to 3 hour checks tosee how they were then now i just check them twice aday morning and evening. as long as i occupy mommyi can get the babies out no problems. and there hasnt been asingle issue with me handeling them.

Back