i have a question about my bunny!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maikochopstix

Reaction score
ok so the guy at the pet store where I got my baby told me he was a holland lop, but I am not so sure...I have had holland lops before and this one is different...also that guy calls all lops he gets hollandlops (there was one that i swear it was a fuzzy lop and he told me holland lop when i asked....i have NEVER seen a holland lop that fluffy) so anywho, i think my bunny may even be a mix, if i can beleive the petstore he was born around april of this year making him 7 months old and he has grown very little since i got him, hes like half the size of my brothers holland lop, also his ears go forward when they flop down and a lot of the time he will have them straight out or even one up and one down, like he may not even be fully a lop, i have had lops my whole life and never one quite like him...any thoughts? heres some pix:

06-20-08027.jpg

06-20-08024.jpg

socrates010.jpg

socrates009.jpg

06-20-08042.jpg

What does he weigh? Under4 1/2 lbs., (as the guy said) he could be a Holland Lop (or Holland mix). 5- 6 1/2 lbs. he could be a Mini Lop (or Mini Lop mix).

It sounds like he just has too much ear control. All of the lops are supposed to have ears that drop, (obviously !) but some of them retain too much muscle control and can (and do) hold their ears upwards. Thiscan bean issue with any lop, but certainly adds to his personality and expressiveness!

As he matures, the ears may stay down, more than up.

Back