I have a problem!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diannemc1957

Reaction score
I don't don't know if ya'll remember me...about a year ago I found a hurt rabbit someone had thrown out.. she has been doing great..well today I found a worm in her poop...once in a while the poop is runny...this has happened since I started feeding her clover and grass from the outside....I don't have a vet that treats rabbits..is there medicine I can get over the counter for the worms? and how do I give it to her? since she was living as a wild bunny I can't hold her at all?

I don't know if there are cat dewormers that don't require a prescription, so the only thing I can suggest is feeding some food-grade diatomaceous earth. And the outside grass & clover must have been infected & washing wouldn't help, so you'll have to plant some grass seed in a planter where wild animals can't get to it.

diatomaceous earth does well too if spread on the ground as well. Do it in my bunny run. No problems here.

K:)

Thanks everyone..I want to get this under control before it gets worse..She is eating good and pooping good right now...I will stop feeding her grass and clover from the outside..(She loves the clover!)I have only seen one worm but I am sure there are more...I am afraid she will bite me if I try to do much with her...

Just transplant some clover into a hanging basket or something wild rabbits etc can't get into. Cut off the current leaves, to be safe.

Latest posts

Back