I have a new Japanese Akita Inu girl!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenson

Reaction score
My friend who runs a dog rescue saw Miya for sale and told me about her. I've always wanted a pure white Japanese Akita Inu as they are very rare, this is the 1st I have ever seen come up for sale in the UK! She was dirt cheap and looked in quite poor condition from the photos so I couldn't help myself! My excuse is Kinu (1.5 yr old female) hates being left when we take Jiro ( 4 yr old male) and Ame (10 month old female) to shows, so we really needed another dog! :p

Miya is about 18 months old and really big! She's been an outside dog on a smallholding and hasn't seen much of the world but she's got the best temperament, she's such a mellow and chilled out lady. She's fine with Jiro and Ame, she and Kinu haven't been out of their crates at the same time yet just because Kinu can be dominant over other bitches, but they don't seem at all bothered by each other so we're going to walk them together tomorrow and then hopefully let them all out together. Miya is just so relaxed about everything, and it's having a calming influence on Ame which is great.

She's quite smelly and dirty and has ear and eye infections which were left but they are already looking much better, she's a bit underweight too although that coat hides it very well. She'll be so beautiful when she's clean and healthy though. She's just lovely, really soppy and affectionate. She's the kind of dog who just can't get enough cuddles! She's definitely the most easy going Akita Inu I've met. I love her already!

miya11.jpg

miya12.jpg

miya13.jpg

17136_414229595155_777295155_106331.jpg

I can't wait to get a photo of them all together!

YOU ARE MAKING ME SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!

Miya is such a beautiful dog. She seems in a good condition now!

:D

Hope you and your pack enjoy having the new girl around!!

What a beautiful girl!

I'd love to see a shot of you walking down the street, all four in hand :)

Boy, you've almost got a sled team! :D

it sounds like this beautiful lady will fit right into to your pack, a calm temperment is a must in any pack. well done for giving her a loving home:)

Latest posts

Back