I have a few questions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixieismyfunnybunny

Reaction score
Huntington Beach, California USA, California, USA
:hello

Hey everyone! I am thinking of getting Trixie fixed.. (whom I recently found out is a boy):XI just want to know what to do (if i do) when she gets home. Do i make a little pen for her to stay in? Will he have any needs or specialties needed?

--- Also----

I have never gave Trixie a bath.. What procedures do I need to follow... Etc.

---As Well--- (sorry!):p

I need a few tips on how to littlerbox train!:litterempty:

Please reply back! :)

Love:hearts,

Irie:tongue and Trixie:bambiandthumper (who needs a new name now that I know SHE is a HE. Darn pet store:rollseyes)

(i have a few more questions, but I think I wrote too much, will say later!)

(Sorry 4 all the smileys.. really bored... reply soon!)

Great that you are getting "Trixie" (Silly boy, that darn gender fairy! :D) neutered.. will help a lot if you are planning on litter training him!

Neuters are pretty quick and easy. After he gets neutered, I would just put him in his cleancage to rest up with some of his favourite food, lots of hay and maybe a nice blanket or sheet to lie on. Bruno had a bit of issues with chewing his wound the first night, but that wasn't a big deal. Males recover very quickly, and Bruno was eating after an hour or two of being home, and was better by the next day or so. I would keep him in his cage with no major exercise or activity for 1-2 weeks just to make sure everything heals nicely.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12040&forum_id=10

Any reason why you would like to give Trixie a bath? Rabbits should not be bathed, it's not necessary and can send a rabbit into shock. So unless he gets a messy bottom that needs to be spot cleaned, rabbits do not need baths.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12067&forum_id=17

Neutering will help a lot with litter box training. I would find a corner that he usually goes in, and put a litterbox in there! Usually they'll start doing the majority of their business in there, and if he does have a pee outside, just soak it up with a paper towel and put it in the litterbox, then clean the spot up with vinegar. It's ok for a few stray poops to go outside the litterbox :).

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12213&forum_id=17

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like!

**Edited to add the resources from Bunny 101 and the Rabbit Health section of the forum :).

Thanks! I am really trying to calm him down and what better than a neuter!:)

Well... my dog and him play ALOT! So he has some slobber on him.:XShe is sooo gentle with him... and he "likes" my dog.... who is like 6 times his size! (she's a golden retriever) So another reason why he is getting neutured... :baghead

I thinkTrixie needs a new name.. any suggestions anyone????

You were a BUNCH of help! Thanks! :)Haha! Happy (early)Easter everyone!:apollo:

Love:heartbeat:,

Irie:panic: and Trixie :bambiandthumper(who needs a new name due to the gender fairy!:disgust:)

edited to make it less dumb! :nodhaha i seem to do this ALOT with posts... :whistling

Latest posts

Back