I hate my work schedule this week

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorguarder08

Reaction score
I hate and always have hated have my 2 days off a week split up it irritates be because I can't really relax on my day off so I'm more tired when I go to work the next day. Like for example I had friday off worked saturday had yesterday off worked today have tomorrow off work wednesday and thursday have friday off. it's just a little frustrating. Though not as frustrating as it was in high school because then it seemed the ONLY days I got off I had colorguard practice for 3-4 hours a night. There was one day it was spring because we were working on our Parade routines and I was tired BEFORE practice but I went anyways then after practice I was Soooo tired I couldn't even get the energy to pick the peppers of the pizza my dad got me for dinner. But the next day in class, Yes I even had colorguard as a class, My instructors had the nerve to tell me I wasn't putting enough energy into practice the night before.

I know what you mean about split up off days. I have Sundays & Mondays off, and then Wednesdays. It's kind of awkward, but at least I have days off.

My schedule will be changing at the end of May, though, so hopefully I'll work Mon-Fri, have Sat & Sun off. :)

Emily

I'm excited because I just got called back from my interveiw that i thought I had bombed. I start on the 25th. So I won't be posting as much. My days are mon-fri from 8:00-1:00. Which is weird cuz I'm not sure if we take off for lunch or not. Anyway I'm a medical office admin.

well 5 hours in the state of Washington at least you have to take a lunch break which I personally hate. I have a rotateing schedule meaning it is never the same two weeks in a row and for the past 6 weeks or so I have had fridays and sundays off next week is worse though only friday off.

Yeah I love knowing when I work. I hate having to plan my life around unknowing work days. My 4 year old is in daycare so that would really make things complicating.

My ex - long before he was ever an ex, or even a husband - used to work at a local Steak & Stein restaurant. Steaks there were fantastic (this was my pre-vegetarian days) but the employer treated the employees terribly. The work schedule for everyone there was 12 hours on, 12 hours off, all the time. No full days of rest, no time to take for anything except sleep when not at work. They had to use a timeclock to keep track of their hours worked while there, and if an employee needed to go to the washroom, or if he/she went even a minute over their 15-min break, it was all recorded and deducted from their pay. (I used to work in a hotel once too, where - if you accidentally punched in or out of the timeclock a minute late (or early, respectively), half an hour was deducted from your pay.)

The one good thing about those jobs are that they are almost always temporary; stepping stones to much better employment down the road. :)

P.S. What is a colorguard?

For 8 years - while Art worked in a military kitchen in Oklahoma - he worked 12 hour days - 2 days on - 2 days off. It didn't matter if a holiday fell on your workday.....you worked it unless you'd arranged for leave in advance (and the place was undermanned at first).

I told Art to never worry about holidays - we'd celebrate around his schedule!

I remember though how he never really got a lot of rest with that schedule.

Ok sorry but colorguard is MORE than just waving flags. it includes 6 hours of practice 3 times a week including over the summer plus 12 hour practices for an entire week in august called bandcamp then there is a second bandcamp where you spent 72 hours away and the only time you are NOT practicing is when you are sleeping plus 12 hours every saturday and sunday. You do routines where you run up and down the entire football field and you have to do this all while dancing and tossing flags,rifles and sabres. It is intense and takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Not trying to be rude but I don't like when people just pass it off as "oh its just waving flags at football games" cause no it's not. Have you been to a competition for either band or winterguard or done a parade. unlike cheerleading or any other sport you don't just have one season you don't choose oh I just want to be a football cheerleader. No with colorguard it is year round non stop. you having the marching band season from june to november then you have winterguard from november to april then in april you have parade which is april to june. So do NOT say it is just waving flags at football games.

sorry didn't mean to attack you but yeah when you win the state competition 4 years in a row you take it personally when someone passes it off as something that requires little to no effort is kinda like a slap in the face.

Latest posts

Back