I hate ice!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
So this is how today went. I started a new job today. Yay!

On my way to work...

1) Stopped off at McDonald's for their free coffee Monday. As I stepped out of the car, I completely lost my footing, as the ENTIRE parking lot was a sheet of ice. It was a frickin' skating rink. To top it off, it was in front of the entire drive thru line of cars. I hurried in, head down in embarrassment,as quickly as possible to get my coffee and practically stomped back to my car, assuring myself of some good footing.

2) Driving to work was precarious. Again, it was incredibly icy and I took my time to get to work, gauging my speed and stopping distance with the wettness of the road. So, I made my way to the left hand turn lane of the main street. I hit the brakes only to realize my car was not stopping. I pumped them like an insane person, as my car does not have ABS. I didn't want to hit the E-brake, as I was sure the car would spin on the ice into traffic. So, I pumped and shifted to park. BUMP! I managed to hit the car in front of me. I swore, and got out of the car as the women in front got out of her Mercedes SUV. Luckily, by the grace of god, I only left mud from my bumper onto hers. She said there was no damage so we both went on our merry way.

3) Work. Ah work. I was there for 12 hours today, which I found out is the norm on a Monday. Good times! On top of that, I was told (even though I was told before the job that jeans were ok) that jeans are now only for Friday. GROOVY! Problem is, I gained 30 lbs from various health issues over the last year. Plus, I'm 5foot 2inches tall. Not a stellar combination. None of my old business attire fits me. So, much to my chagrin, I gathered up courage and headed to the store. 2 stores + Lauren = no pants that fit her. NOTHING fit! It was either it fit in the waist and it looked like I was standing in a hole, OR it was fat girl in little pants (Rip!). So, after that adventure, I gathered what was left of my self-esteem and trucked it home.

Only bright side of the day: I have 3 hours to mess with a fanfiction I'm writing and my hubby already had dinner ready.

Latest posts

Back