i got my wisdom teeth out today...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
Early this afternoon I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out!! boooo :(

i'm actually not doing too bad w/ recovery, i was put to sleep and cameout real easily, just taking my meds, laying in bed eating mashed potatoes and jello :eek:)....oh don't forget the ice cream!

only bad thing is my mouth is really swollen :(hopefully i don't bruise! oh and the other bad thing, my house doesn't have air conditioning...and here in illinois its 90+ and about 85% humidity...i'm about ready to break down and drive out to my family's house just to lay in air all day!

just thought i'd give an update in case i'm not around for a couple days

Ouch i feel your pain i had my wisdom teeth out when i was 19, 3 were impacted and 1 partialy covered by bone. I started to come out of anestisia when they were taking the tube out of my throat :shock: they quickly put me out again. I really dont remember it being to bad after a couple of days. Sorry about the air conditioner, it sucks especially when you are not feeling good after a surgery.

Oh man, you poor thing. Take Iburprofren for the swelling, and ice packs will help too. I feel for ya, I'm also in IL, it's terrible, isn't it? Ugh, it's like a sauna outside!

If I were you and you can go somewhere with a/c that would help alot. It's just so miserable out, it would drain me, being completely healthy:shock:. I'd get a move on to your family's house for sure!

Good Luck with healing;).

Oh, you poor thing. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Do you have someone to drive you? Be very careful if you have to drive and are taking pain meds. I have a coworker who totalled her car and another parked car because she was on pain meds and thought she chould drive.

aww I hope you dont swell up too much. I had dry sockets when I got mine out. It was awful and my face swelled up like a chipmunk. I couldnt eat hard food for at leastweek.

Relax and get well soon!

hi guys! i'm doing well! pretty tight, and a little swollen still. mainly i really just want REAL food! thats waht getting to me the most :( but I plan to return to work tomorrow, and hopefully my healing will continue w/ flying colors! thanks for your thoughts :eek:)

I remember when I had mine taken out. I had 3 boney impacted, and one had grown in ok, but I had it removed as well.

I was on pain meds for a day or two, but then most all was well. Just be careful not to strain, lift or pull on things. Its amazing how activities like that can cause strain in your mouth!

I definantly sympathize with you about the A/C. This year mine is running. The last 2.5 years it was broken, and I was miserable here in Mo.

Wow i feel for you too. I've never gotten any teeth pulled because i won't a let a dentist do it...(i threatened one once when i was 13 or 12 that i'd sue them if they pulled my tooth out so they left me alone..haha. i hate dentists! no offense to any of you if your a dentist i like you...just not the mean one at my dentist!) anyways so i hope you feel better soon! I won't get my wisdom teeth in because my mouth is too small resulting in some of my teeth being a tad crooked or so. Another way instead of getting them pulled is to rub pure (100% pure) asprin on it. Not like ibuprofen just regular aspirin. the tooth with turn black (rot basically) and fall out. No pain at all. And then the other teeth will still be healthy as long as you don't rub any on them and keep them brushed about 3x a day.

Emily..... :)

wow bluesky i don't know if i could do that!! as much as i hate the dentist too i think i'd rather get it done w/ in one sitting :Dplus i'm a tad bit obsessed w/ my teeth, brushing, whitening, all that. I had the worst teeth before i had braces (seriously looked like someone threw my teeth in mymouth)so i do practically everything i can to keep them nice.

a little update: i was having pain on my right lower side, but nothign severe so i thought i had an infection, went to the dentist today and i have 2 dry sockets! YIKES! i guess i have a higher pain tolerance than what i thought :shock:

Wow...this is encouraging for me. I've been terrified of having my wisdom teeth out, and have avoided it pretty much as long as I possibly can (being that I'm 27).

I was trying to get them out a couple months ago, but we were met with a financial emergency, and thus had to wait. But...soon...and it's encouraging to read that someone healed so quickly and was out of pain so fast! :)

I'll still be nervous as all heck, though...hehe!

Glad you're doing well...

MissysCove...how are you doing with yours?

My doctor said I looked great. Before he remembered he'd also done my tori, then he said I looked really really great. I don't know how bad people usually look at this stage.

Rosie, I'd definately reccomend my oral surgeon if you need one. His name is Dr. George Marnon and he's in Tarzana. If you google him you can easily find his office stuff.

I'm not sure if you should mention how you found him though, that'd be kind of weird.

That's too funny...and you have a rather good point. Anytime I've talked about my RO friends to non-RO people, I find myself in quite a crux as to how to explain my friendship with you guys!

Like when I mentioned Jesse visiting me...it was rather difficult to figure out how to explain how I could be such close friends with someone I'd never met! Hehe!!

missyscove wrote:
Rosie, I'd definately reccomend my oral surgeon if you need one. His name is Dr. George Marnon and he's in Tarzana. If you google him you can easily find his office stuff.

I'm not sure if you should mention how you found him though, that'd be kind of weird.

It is a little weird to explain. Especially when you think, yeah, there are alot of really freaky, awful people on the internet.

I kinda feel your pain. My baby teeth never fell outI had to get most of them pulled, they would just stay there and crush themselves agenst my adult teeth. Just like 6 months ago I got my last 3 out and im 13!.And if thats not bad enough I went for my Cleaning last week i think it was and the Hygenist (sp) cut all through my gums when she flossed and thats a pretty high class Dentistry place. anyways hope you feel better soon. Have they coverd over? if so you can do what i did.. suck on the food instad of biting.It really helped alot.

Latest posts

Back