I got him a leash!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
I went to Petsmart today, because I've been dying to get a leash for Salem. Instead of getting one of the actual rabbit leashes, since I've heard that they're hard for buns to move around in and that it makes them hot, etc., I got him a petite dog comfort leash. He hasn't tried to chew on it or get out of it. He doesn't like when he wants to go somewhere and he's stopped, though. :p
He sure did get a lot of attention at Petsmart, though! I guess it's not often people see bunnies on leashes out in public. I've personally never seen one. :p

Here's a picture I took of him on my phone once we got home. (Of course the little brats in the neighborhood had to come greet him.)
salemleashed.jpg

Gorgeous bunny! :] I've been considering buying Bayou a leash after we move, but I'm not sure how he'll take it.

I would think rabbits would difficult to leash train. :?

mardigraskisses wrote:
Gorgeous bunny! :] I've been considering buying Bayou a leash after we move, but I'm not sure how he'll take it.

I would think rabbits would difficult to leash train. :?
I didn't find them hard to train at all, I just put on the leash and that was it :) Of course being rabbits they walk you and unless your rabbit usually follows you, they won't on a leash so you just go where they want to go.

I guess it depends on your buns temperment on whether they would freak out or not on a lead, Thumper and Princess never did for me but I have never tried Misty on it because she is a netherland dwarf and of course is skittish.

That's no doubt. lol
If Salem wants to stay right where he's at, by golly, he ain't movin'! Then I have to run when he decides he wants to be over THERE. It's entertaining, though. :)

I had a bit of a hard time finding one, since the Petsmart over here basically had only ONE type of harness, but it works well. Here are a few pictures of it. It took me about ten tries to figure it out, but after I figured out how it's supposed to go on, I'm good. lol Poor Salem. He had to sit there and endure me flipping him over, pulling his legs through the holes about 30 times, trying to find how it's supposed to go without pulling his fur... lol No wonder he was chewing on me. It's a petite dog comfort harness.
SalemHarness2.jpg

SalemHarness.jpg

One of the workers walked by and said, "Oh! It's a rabbit! I was wondering what you brought in!"
Since he's black and I only wear black, he blends in. lol

I had a bun that loved to be tied up outside. I got a nylon covered wire dog lead for small dogs and a small dog harness. She would sit outside for hours. Never pulled on the lead, sometimes chewed to test it. She would see me coming with her collar and she would jump all over trying to get me to pick her up and put it on.

Latest posts

Back