I got her a bunny bed, and another question.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
I got her a pet bed from petsmart, and I thinkshe likes it. the only problem is that she is like biting and pullingat it when she is in it. I keep it in her sleeping place, and I thinkshe likes it there. Should I take it away? I take it out and then shegoes in the area and looks like she is confused by looking around.

Also, It seems to me like she likes her hay more than her pellets. Sheis constantly eating hay, and then sometimes eating her pellets. Isthis a problem?

Also, she moves her litterrbox around. She likes to move it next to herfood. I move it back. I did ask this question before, and they said toget her toys, so I did. The only problem is that she doesn't like it.She takes it and throws it across her hutch.It hasalittle ball with a bell in it.It seems to me that she only likes toeat. Not play.

The bed should be fine as is, as long as she's not eating a lot of it. Just chewing a little is fine.

Unlimited timothy hay is perfect. Its great that she's chowingdown. Are you free feeding her pellets? Its usuallyrecommended that you limit the pellets (about 1/4 cup per 4 lbs) andprovide unlimited hay and water.

Can you leave the litter box where she likes it? Is that a problem? Ifyou cant, you could always try using binder clips or zip ties to tie itin place. Another idea is to put some hay in one corner of the litterbox so she has something to munch on while shes in there (that may bewhy she's moving it near her food).

Hope this helps!

Haley

RABBIT#1 wrote:
Also, she moves her litterrbox around. She likes to move itnext to her food. I move it back. I did ask this question before, andthey said to get her toys, so I did. The only problem is that shedoesn't like it. She takes it and throws it across herhutch.It hasa little ball with a bell in it.Itseems to me that she only likes to eat. Not play.
That's playing!:D All four of my rabbits love to throw toysaround. I bet she'd like some other toys too, like a piece ofnewspaper to shred and dig at or some good chew toys like apple orwillow twigs.

I'd take the bed away if she's getting pieces off of it.Otherwise as long as she's not shredding the fabric it should be okay.

Haley, there's no need to limit pellets as Sunshine is still ababy. But it is a good thing that she likes her hay, it meansyou'll have an easier time when you reduce her pellets later.

haley,

I could move her litterbox to the place where she likes it, but thethings in the litterbox fall into her food were she likes it. Thatswhy. I do give her pellets, but she likes her hay wayyy more than herpellets unless there is a treat in it. ( I think you can understandthat.:))

Naturestee, I have to actually show her the toy, and she rips at itwith her hands like she does when she wants something tomove.I will get her a newspaper, but should she not eat it? If she doesis it o.k?

Thanks!

O.k.

Also, I think I know why she moves her litterbox around. I think she wants me to clean it more often.

So, I cleaned it , and now she is in it every second of the day!

Is this o.k?

HI RABBIT

WE HAD A PROBLEM WITH LUCY OUR RABBIT

SHE WAS STARTING TO POOP OUTSIDE HER LITTERBOX

THEN TONY HUBBY SAID I'LL TRY CHANGING HER LITTER TRAY twice a dauy

IT WORKED WONDERS SO SHE SITS AND WAITS FOR TONY TO DO IT NOW MORNING AND NITE

VARNA XXXXX

How often should you change the litterbox? I only have one bunny so I change it a few times aweek. I'm not sure if that is enough or not.

It's okay for her to be in the litterbox,especially if you are keeping it clean. I scoop thepoop and wet litter out once a day, even for small single buns withwood pellet litter. I don't like wet litter or poop to buildup because it smells and makes their feet dirty.

I'm guessing she is on a wire floor? Do you have anythingelse for her to sit on, like a wood board or an EZ mat? Shemight not like the wire, and she might like something like that morethan the pet bed. When Loki was at the Humane Society he wason a wire floor with only a litterbox to sit on. He hated itso much he spent as much time as he could in the litterbox even thoughit was too small for him to sit in comfortably.

Latest posts

Back