I got another bunny :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
So, as some of you may have seen, I posted a topic about the rabbit adoption event that was taking place today at 11:00-3:00 at the Michigan Humane society.

I have been wanting another bunny for weeeeks! But I didn't think I'd be allowed to adopt another one!

But I was! I got a booyyy :)
He's neutered. And his name WAS Murdoch. But I renamed him :)

Sabriel!
So now I have Sabriel and Solara :) after a couple days of them being in the same room and him adjusting, we're going to work on bonding them! they're only a couple weeks apart (he was born Sept 25, and her Sept 8) so we're hoping the similarity in age will help. any tips, please? :)

And you know what!? They called him a mini-rex satin mix at the humane society!! He so isn't! (i think he's neither lol.)
I know he's at least part dutch! And he's the sweetest boy ever. He licked me at the humane society! And he lets me hold him and he sits in my lap for as long as I want :) he's such a lover boy <3

Here's some pics!
1270332068.jpg

him at the humane society x)

1270332046.jpg

on the wa home :)

he's got a white spot right between his ears, and his front paws are white. His whole backside (tail, feet, and all) are gray. his side that isn't shown, is all white.

thank you everyone on the compliments <3
i knew it was meant to be when he licked me, and i'm so grateful to have this cuddly boy~

here's some more pics!

1270340487.jpg

1270340461.jpg

it was getting dark outside when i took those, so he looks a little brown lol ^_^;; but he's such a light beautiful gray :)

Congrats! He's such a cutie and just in time for Easter! I hope Solara and him bonds. Love the name Sabriel.

He looks very handsome indeed, I really like his colours/markings.

There's heaps you can read online about bonding! There's a lot even on this website. Very simply, start off with neutral territory, and generally it is suggested to start with a smaller space. A neutral small space could be the bath tub. It's a good idea just in case to have gloves for your hands in case you need to separate a fight. It's a good sign if they ignore each other at the beginning. There's a lot more to it but I don't want to overwhelm you! Their age or size doesn't really have anything to do with if rabbits will get along or not...

He's a beautiful boy!

Good luck on the bonding! It can be tough and stressful, but just read up as much as you can and follow the steps and you'll be able to do it. Is the rescue willing to help? I find having a mentor of sorts to guide you is invaluable. Bonding is an overwhelming topic with lots of tips and techniques, but just start slowly in neutral territory and you'll figure out what you need to do. I find that there are a million different ways to bond and all are useful in different situations - so if something's not working, try something else! And stressing (taking for a car ride, putting in a laundry basket and shaking around, etc) is extremely helpful especially in the early stages.

Aww he's so precious. I want another bun, but I need to get my own house! Which humane society did you go to? I live in MI as well. I have a dwarf hotot, and I've always wanted a dwarf or a dutch bunny since I was little.

AWW he reminds me of a bunny we got at my shelter as a stray. They named him Larry. :p I wanted him! And I loved his name! :p

@everyone: thank you for the compliments :) i'm very eager to see my family today, just so i can brag about him x) he's such a sweetie. he sits in my lap. whoever had him before handled him a whole lot!

@crystal and elrohwen: thank you for the tips :) the humane society gave us a book (for free!) on buns and it has a section on bonding. i've looked into it a whole lot!

@snowballbun: i go to westland humane society :) they will even help you with bonding i think- there's a woman who visits a lot, and she brings her black flemie-mix. she's nice, and she'll help you out. they had a LOT of dutches up for adoption. no black ones. a lot of those cool brown/black coloured ones. cute little sabriel was the only gray one XD

@Breanna: aww :)

Latest posts

Back