I Got A New Rabbit What Breed Is She?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling Lop Rabbitry

Reaction score
Ok I Got Her As A Companion For My French Angora Cotton, She Was Suppose To Be Angora, Well That Is What The Add Said. But My Mom Picked Her Up And Brought Her To My House And She Looks Lionhead, I Love Her I Just Want To Be Sure On The Breed :biggrin2:Lol Im Almost 100% She Is Lionhead Here Are Some Freshly Taken Pictures :) Also Is Her Color Tort?

Her and her bow :p

11sd18p.jpg

And Here she Is Turned Sideways:

2epooxj.jpg
'

Let Me Know What You Think :)

She is definitely a Lionhead, a vienna marked one at that! Her coloring does appear to be some sort of tort, though she is a tad lighter in color then my tort boys.

Lovely Lionhead and such beautiful markings. Does she have blue eyes? It's hard to see in the picture.

I'd say lionhead too, a very pretty lionhead though!

Definitely a lionhead. I'd say tort too. Is that gray mixed in with the brown? She may have blue torts or squirrels in her lineage. She has some cool markings that you don't often see in lionheads. Beautiful girl! Enjoy her. :)

Lionhead! Send her to me please!!!!!!!

lol thought so and yes she has split eyes, they are half colored eyes top half blue and bottom half brown, she is extremely loveable and her and my angora seem very very happy, he is a french angora so he is huge compared to her:biggrin2:But usually when i use him for breeding he will hump the female right away, which i was kind of scared, but he didnt because she is spayed and he started grooming her mane, as soon as she was in the cage, it was a match made in heaven :)

Isn't it amazing how people get told they have one sort of bunner and it's really something else? LOL!

I loved being told that a cute little bunny was a "rex" and it was something like an English Spot! This was in a petstore.

Anyhow, the eyes...... being split colored! that's something I've never seen before! Is it common?

She's lovely! :hearts:

I Havent seen to many rabbits with split eyes like that she is the 2nd one i have seen, the other one was a broken black lionhead, i think it is vienna carriers. Also thanks everyone, i messaged the lady askiong if she had any idea how old the rabbit is and she said 11/2, i dont know if she ment to put 1 1/2 or it means 11 years old and 2 months :/

anyways thanks everyone i have new pics with her and her new bows ill post them tommorow :D

I'd buy a year and a half as the age. She looks around the right maturity for that. She definitely isn't looking 11 years old. :biggrin2: I'm not sure what my buns would think of bows in their hair. I have a few that I think would fight that tooth and nail. I'm pretty sure my mini lops would try to remove it and then eat it. :D

Lol ok everyoner Murph was right a year and a half is her age, lol and she doesnt mind them its like she knows how cute she looks, the way she sits and stuff, and she kinda poses for the camera, its cute, after my lop has her babies in 14 more days, i have little bows i can stick on her ears, ill wait till the week after she has them though :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Anyhow, the eyes...... being split colored! that's something I've never seen before! Is it common?
Fey (and Sprite) has split colored eyes. You get that sometimes with rabbits that have blue eyed white genes. For dwarf hotots like them it means they've been outcrossed to blue eyed whites and the eye color is not showable.

I'm betting this girl is a BEW sport- meaning blue eyed white with added color patterns. They can look pretty neat, and this one is beautiful. It might have something to do with the Vienna gene too, I'm not sure.

Around here pet stores and shelter people usually call any long haired rabbit an angora, even perfect examples of lionheads and fuzzy lops.:p

She's adorable! I love the bow in the first picture, makes her look like a cute little lady. You've got yourself quite a pretty lionhead. I have one too - she's spoiled and full of herself =P

Latest posts

Back