I Got A New Puppy!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LedaHartwood

Reaction score
Today I went to Garden City Mo, thinking I was just going to look, and see what these puppies were all about....

-*Side track for back story*-

I believe since Sunday or Monday, I had planned with my best friend, Nolan, to go and see these Pitbull pups that I found on Craigslist. The owners were giving them away for free. RED FLAG! FREE PITBULL! That's just asking for troulbe. The people seemed nice enough, free is easy pickings for the wrong sort. I was worried, as I'm very active in the Pitbull community. I don't think there's an anti-BSL patition out there in the mid-west, without my name on it. We planned to go and check the puppies out. Here's the kicker.... We didn't tell Curtis. Didn't think I'd need to.

-*Back to the story*-

So, Nolan and I arrive in Garden City, and at the house of the pups. We see the bitch that gave the littler, and she was beautiful. Well manored, as this breed is. Not aggressive in the least. Some of these guys will be a tad territorial, but she welcomed us into her nest! I asked the people who had come to see the pups, and what they looked for in owners. They answered with the correct answers. I was relieved, and was picking out the pup I would love to take, but knew (as they were born on Oct 17) that I'd have to wait, and talk to Curtis on the matter. Then the guys starts talking about a man that's coming and wants to take them now! He already took one, and was bottle feeding it. I get uneasy. It didn't sound good at all.... One of the all white female pups was clamed by a lady, but the rest were up for grabs. The man starts saying the bottle feeding guy may come back for more. I look to Nolan, and then to a red and white pup, that I've had my eye on since our arrival.

So, here I am, at home.... Curtis in the kitchen, crafting away. Bunnies snoozling in their cages, cats and dog fast napping.... and a small pitbull pup on my couch. We have to bottle feed him for a week or so, then wean him. I'd like to think I saved the little guy. I feel like I did the right thing. Curtis was surprised, but happy to see the new guy.

:twocents welcome from all.

Awww can't wait to see him :)

This makes me so sad :(. How can people be so dumb as to let someone come and take the whole litter to bottle feed? Arg. They should have charged a rehoming fee to spay the female dog!

Do you guys not have free spays and neuters for all Pits and Pit mixes? We do around here because there are soooo many in shelters.

They said they're geting her fixed once the litter is gone. I makes me sad too. But no, we don't. I'm going to be able to get shots and neuter for $50 due to the governments love'n us poor folk.

Oh my goodness, I -will- own a pittbull someday, they are my absolute favorite breed.
You just have to be careful sometimes where you get them because they are often used for dog fighting. But why am I telling you that? I'm sure you already KNEW that! Common knowledge!
I think the little guy is better off with you than with that man, because you don't even know his intentions. At least with you this pup will have a good home. What is his name?
And, I demand pictures! :)

I will supply pictures! Worry not! As soon as I get my !@#$%! computer to work :grumpy:

He's name is Aiden. Means little fire. I see him as my new start for life. The name Phoenix was just to odd for me, so I went with Aiden.

aaaw i cant wait to see pics i love bull terriers. i grew up with english bull terriers but love all of them. fantastic dogs unles put into the wrong hands. i hope that guy doesnt get the rest of them :(

Now that I've got my camera and computer being friendly...

Here he is!

100_1246.jpg

Awe!!!! Baby breath and baby nibbles..... Too Cute!!! Give him a squish for me... :p

Welcome to the forum Aiden! (...and "Thanks" Curtis for being so understanding)

myheart

I think you did a good job taking him before this other guy did, and also as he is so young and not yet weaned, i really think it would be a good idea to get a brother or sister too if there are any left, it will help with him settling in and it is one less for that guy to take!

Would you have to be carefull with that breed around your bunnies? Or can they be trained not to attack? He's cute now :)Iwuv his wittle face! But I'm terrified of those ''viscious'' breeds of dogs, even though lot's of them just have bad rep. I'm scared of german shepards, boxers, pitbulls, bull terriers, anything with bull in it and rottweilers. If one of those breeds pass me out I break out in a cold sweat and feel like I'm going to faint, which I did once when a pitbull x ran towards me at a park, I got 5 stitches at the back of my head.

PB's mainly have a bad rep. My best friend had one, he was a diamond...something. He was the BIGGEST baby. I adored him. He was great around kids, cats....anyone really. The first night of the Iraq war I went to her house with my dog because we didn't want to be alone (we were Army wives and both our men were over there) and my dog dominated him! All Shadow wanted to do was make friends and Maggie (my dog) was the one showing her butt.

Pitbulls are not viscious! If you beat ANY dog, they will be mean. I can understand your fear, but the whole breed is not like those fighters you hear about. It's not the dog, it's the monsters that force them to fight. Or, it's a person that didn't treat their dog the way they supposed to.

Pitbulls are the best dogs to have with kids. Of 100 breeds, the Golden Ret. was in the top three to bite and hurt you or children. The Pitbull was 4th FROM THE BOTTOM.. The Toy group breeds are nippy and I'd sooner have my Pit around my future kiddies, then a Toy. The orginial war hero over here in the US was Sgt. Stubbs, an American Pitbull Terrier. Their the best breeds to work and train, as they are always wanting to learn and love. Every time I go to the local shelter, it's the labs, spaniels, and toy dog biting and jumping, and barking at people passing by. The pits and pit mixes are always wagging their tails, and begging for love.

And I wouldn't trust any dog around my bunnies. But Pitbulls of any type are a Terrier breed and shouldn't be trusted around any small game animal. Aiden will be around the buns, and has been. I want him to understand that they are part of his pack. But there will always be a layer betwix him and the bunny.

Aidens best friend..... Is our new kitten

100_1248.jpg

Latest posts

Back