I got a Mini Rex named Domino! Can i get some advice? :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got a baby mini rex bunny, nine weeks old. He is playful, but still scared :) but he's nice! :) does anyone have any advice for me? :) I might need some :) I check bunniez.hubpages.com and it has A LOT of information... but if you have a mini rex, can you give me some advice? :)

Just go slow with anything you try. Go to the library section of the forum for more information, Also do searches for specific topics. If you can't find what you want that way, post a specific question.

Welcome to the forum to you & Domino.

My wife and I own a Mini Rex named Babs. While she is not a boy, I would assume their breed is the same all the way around. We got her when she was 6 weeks old! The person before is right on. This forum is great for specific questions you may have along your journey. Just post and you will receive tons of answers! There are also other posts that you can search from other people asking similar questions you may have. Its really nice!

If I had any specific advice to give it would be 3 things:

Patience is number 1. The rabbit will take a few days to get used to you. Babs took a really long time before she even got used to being at our apartment. She ran into her little house in her cage anytime we came near her. She started to come to us more when she realized we were the ones giving her food! HAHA! But, don't get discouraged if they don't seem to enjoy your presence. The more you are around him, the more he will get used to you. If he is anything like our Babs, he may seem like he dislikes you more than likes, but we get to love on her occasionally. :p

Handle your rabbit more often than not. A lot of people will say not to hold your rabbit right away so they can adjust or to not really hold them at all. Others will say do to. My opinion is to hold them a balanced amount. Don't do it all the time, but don't neglect to hold them. If you do not handle your bunny now, he may never like for you to touch him which can be bad for the vet too.

Speaking of vet, find a vet who is rabbit savvy. Call around and ask the different animal hospitals in your area if they have anyone who specializes in rabbit care. There is a list on this forum too that lists tons of vets in different states that people have vouched for in terms of their rabbit care. Here is the link! http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11834&forum_id=9

Hope this gives your some guidance as your embark on this journey with your little man! If you ever have any specific questions that you would like to ask, feel free to private message me! I know it is nice to talk to others who own the same breed of rabbits. :D

Thank you! I posted this on another part; including the part where I am moving.. so I will leave him in his cage for the most part, but I let him run.. I sat, he came up to me, smeeled me, walked around me, and ran away.. I will hold him, but won't let him out his cage yet, or he will be stressed

Latest posts

Back