I got a Flemish yesterday =]

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear it's just a marker in her ear!

Sterling, Pearl or Daisy come to mind for her name :)

~*Midnight Moon*~ wrote:
As of right now I dont have any plans. What I am kind of hoping is that she greys out more, since she is showing the mixture of Sandeh and Grey. I am hoping to find a nice buck to eventually breed her, but I know that they have to be atleast a year old so that wont be anytime soon. lol

She doesnt have a name yet. So if anyone has any ideas, I am open to hear some!

Look at her head. Even at an early age, this will give you a good point of referance on her color when she is older. If she is mixed, meaning not a pure light grey or steel, but has sandy in her line, then I doubt she will "grey out". Ask Blue Flemish breeders!

Also, she should be go to breed at 6 months, give or take a couple fo weeks. No need to wait, unless you want to.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4293&id=1821862840&l=5fae8753e1

Here is a link to my Fawn Flemishes and the one light grey doe that "adopted" my daughter. She is her 4H rabbit this year.

Jerry

Jerry in So IL wrote:
~*Midnight Moon*~ wrote:
As of right now I dont have any plans. What I am kind of hoping is that she greys out more, since she is showing the mixture of Sandeh and Grey. I am hoping to find a nice buck to eventually breed her, but I know that they have to be atleast a year old so that wont be anytime soon. lol

She doesnt have a name yet. So if anyone has any ideas, I am open to hear some!

Look at her head. Even at an early age, this will give you a good point of referance on her color when she is older. If she is mixed, meaning not a pure light grey or steel, but has sandy in her line, then I doubt she will "grey out". Ask Blue Flemish breeders!

Also, she should be go to breed at 6 months, give or take a couple fo weeks. No need to wait, unless you want to.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4293&id=1821862840&l=5fae8753e1

Here is a link to my Fawn Flemishes and the one light grey doe that "adopted" my daughter. She is her 4H rabbit this year.

Jerry

Flemish growuntill they are bred,or at least this is what the breeder said.People like to wait for them to age 1yr so they are larger. I do know rabbits are breedable at 6mo however from what the breeder told me I am going to hold off with my Flemish.

It isnt absolutly the end of the world if she doesnt grey out, It was just something that would of been nice.

I have heard to wait also as they still have alot of maturing to do.
She is a beauty no matter how she turns out. Tony would absolutely LOVE her. Lol.

Back