I found out last night my mum has colon cancer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
My stepdad came over last night to tell me. My mum and him are coming over tonight.

I don't know what to do or think - can she die from this?

Anyone with experience of this please post.

Thank you so much.

mummybunny

I'm so sorry to hear about this, bunnymummy.

I don't have any experience with that particular type ofcancer. My only advice would be to go to the Drs.appointments. Write down any questions you have before-hand,and make them answer all of them. Take notes ifitwill help you remember.

My father had lung cancer. We have a big family and somehow,none of us knew exactly what was going on or how the treatments wouldtake place, etc.

I will be thinking of you andI'll say a prayer for your mum and your family.

Think positively. :)

Laura

I have no experience with cancer, but I'll be keeping your mother in my thoughts.

Oh I'm very sorry! She and you are in my prayers!

My aunt had colon cancer. She had surgery and chemotherapy and is doing just fine now. Hope that helps you a bit.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom!My thoughts are with you. I dont know much about Coloncancer, but what I do know is my ex's aunt had it and she is now cancerfree! She had to have a surgery, but she recovered quicklyand is now fine.

My grandma recently had colon cancer. After surgery and some chemo, she's doing fine.

Good luck. I will be praying for you. :pray:

My grandad had colon cancer, he's now been free of it for about 10 years after an operation and some treatment.

You must be really worried and it's a sick feeling in your gut, notknowing what to do to help :(. Especially when it's your mum.

I really hope everything works out for the best, it seems to be a cancer that responds well to surgery and treatment.

Best of luck to your mum, please keep posting so we know you are ok :kiss:

Well thats 3 people just here that you have beentold about thathave all done fine and recovered, i'm sure itsa bit of the body you can do without so she should be fine, they willremove it, treat the area with chemo just to make sure, and then youwill have many happy years ahead of you with your mum i'm sure

I don't know about colon cancer. I think it isimportant to know what stage it is in. Cancer isa scary wordto hear, but your mom needs you to be strong for her, just be there forher. Give her a shoulder to lean on, and your stepdad too. Be positive,there are lots of treatments out there. You might even want to do someresearch.http://www.cancercenter.com/Cancerruns in my family, so I have some (a little)experience withthis.

I hope that everything goes well for you and your family. :hug1

~Star~

Big BIG (((HUGS))) to your mum and your family.My family has had a history of various types of cancer over the years,and while it certainly can strike fear into everyone when that sort ofdiagnosis is made, I think the best method of dealing with it ismaintaining a positive attitude. Working with doctors is good, but alsokeep open to a healthy dose of positiveness (if that's a word). I'dsuggest that if it's possible, your mother - and all family members -try not to listen to statistics or *stages*. If your mother can, askher to view cancer not as an enemy to battle, but as an opportunity togrow from the experience....to let go of fears as much as possible andto invite health into her body.

She could look into tapes from Deepak Chopra...he has one series called'Perfect Health' that might help. Ask your mom to focus upon the littlethings in life, the humorous and the loving things, and - if she isopen to the idea - to try visualization techniques. She could envisiona green energy field of healing light enveloping her, penetrating everycell in her body and transforming them into perfect, healthy cells. Askfamily members to envision her as already healed, and ask them - again,as much as possible - to focus only on the positive, and to push awayany and all negative thoughts as soon as they arise. And if your familybelieves in prayer, then suggest that they make their prayers positiveas well, giving thanks that your mom is already healed.

She will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers....send her big hugsfrom me and tell her that I believe she will be perfectly fine...

:hug:

Exactly what Basset says. My aunt lost hope whenshe was diagnosed with cancer and I think it had alot to do with hernot making it. She had kidney cancer and it got all the way up into herlungs, but she had it in her head from the begining that it was fatal.She gave up. My grandma and great grandma both survivied bladdercancer. My grandma also had cervical cancer and perservered. Make surethat you and your mom hold out some hope, no matter what the diagnosis.There is alot to be said for positive thinking, be it prayer,meditation, or even laughter.

~Star~

:hug2:

I hope your mom gets better soon! I'll be sending positive vibes andthoughtsfor you and your family. Keep us updatedifyou can.

I'll be sending prayers your way! There are somany different treatment options for cancers now that I'm sure yourmom's doctor's can get her into remission very quickly. :)

I agree...I think going to the dr's appointments would probably help a lot. :)

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, Hun. We're all here for you...

:pray: :hug2: :bouquet: :kiss:

Snuggys Mom wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear about this, bunnymummy.

I don't have any experience with that particular type ofcancer. My only advice would be to go to the Drs.appointments. Write down any questions you have before-hand,and make them answer all of them. Take notes ifitwill help you remember.

My father had lung cancer. We have a big family and somehow,none of us knew exactly what was going on or how the treatments wouldtake place, etc.

I will be thinking of you andI'll say a prayer for your mum and your family.

Think positively. :)

Laura

I don't know anything about colon cancer,but idid sit and watch helplessly as my son Anthony battled cancer:tears2:and it was so hard

I agree,go to the appointments,you will have a better understanding of things

cheryl

Back