i found a cool hay rack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda

Reaction score
What a cool idea! We use somethingsimiliar, and they cost about $2 each. We use mudding pans(check out the picture below). They're the perfect length anddepth...the ones we have are about a foot long and about 3" deep, andwe just used medium binder clips to attach them to the buns' NICcages. We LOVE them!

The metal edges you see on the top rim are removable.
zwccw6.jpg

Another note: Flower's small, and wouldn't be able to reach all the wayto the bottom of the container, but it doesn't matter to him!He's small enough, he just jumps right in when he wants hay!:)

maherwoman wrote:
What a cool idea! We use something similiar, andthey cost about $2 each. We use mudding pans (check out thepicture below). They're the perfect length and depth...theones we have are about a foot long and about 3" deep, and we just usedmedium binder clips to attach them to the buns' NIC cages. WeLOVE them!

The metal edges you see on the top rim are removable.
zwccw6.jpg

Another note: Flower's small, and wouldn't be able to reach all the wayto the bottom of the container, but it doesn't matter to him!He's small enough, he just jumps right in when he wants hay!:)

What's a mudding pan and where can I get one? I love this idea! :)

You can find them in any home hardware store(Home Depot/Lowes etc.) in the drywalling section - it's used tomix/hold drywall mud when drywalling.

We use the metal/aluminum ones for all kinds of things. Theymake awesome planter boxes for herbs or as hay racks. I grow wheatgrass in them as decoration (and for Misty to snack on).

________
Nadia

You can get them at any Home Depot-like place. :)

You can ask someone in the store, or some such. If it'sLowe's, they should be in the paint section. You can alsofind some in the drywalling section, but my husband says those are moreexpensive. :) I offer the information about Lowe'sbecause their stores have a more uniform layout, whereas anywhere else,I can't guarantee. :)

TrixieRabbit wrote:
What's a mudding pan and where can I get one? I love this idea! :)

maherwoman wrote:
You can get them at any Home Depot-like place. :)

You can ask someone in the store, or some such. If it'sLowe's, they should be in the paint section. You can alsofind some in the drywalling section, but my husband says those are moreexpensive. :) I offer the information about Lowe'sbecause their stores have a more uniform layout, whereas anywhere else,I can't guarantee. :)

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back