I finally quit my job!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmais_mommy

Reaction score
After giving my boss my two week's notice, my last day was Saturday. I was actually sad to say goodbye but the commute was getting to be too much. I really need a job closer to home since I dont drive even though i'm 20 years old.

If anything, I'll miss the regular customers and their dogs. I never thought in a million years that I would remember their names but I'll definitely miss Jericho the Scottie, Frasier the Dachsund, Lola the French Bulldog, Buddy the Chocolate Lab, Bella and Baron the Great Danes,and Hunny Bunny the Pomeranian. Whew! That was a lot. :)

It was my first job and it was fun. If it werent for a few horrible co-workers and faulty scheduling, I probably would have loved it all the way through.

Anyone remember their very first job? 'Cause I'll never forget mine :)

Oh goodness, I remember my first job. It was about 27 years ago at Buck Norred Ranch. Loved that job! The ranch was sold and all the horses were sold or moved. So sad. I still keep in contact with some of the ranch hands and horse owners though. We had so much fun working there.

My first job was 43 years ago at a Garden centre. I guess that where I got my love for flowers and gardening.

Honestly that would be mydream job now, unfortunately they don't pay enough.

Molly I know what you are saying about the distance, it takes meup to if not longer then an hour each way to and from work. It will only get worse next week as they are closing part of one of the streets I take, for 6 month, that alone will add more time to my commute. It's horrible but at the moment I can't find anything closer to where I live.

And the pay is PITIFUL. For a job that has so much responsibility I get peanuts. It peeves me off because at my interview the person who interviewed mesaid I'd get a raise at 3 months. That came and went, he had the never to say he never said that. Yeah right I'm going to lie about that.

Oh well I will continue to look for a better paying job that is MUCH closer to where I live.

Susan:(

Soooska boy do I know the "raise" issue. Hubby has been with a company for 2 years.....at 1 year...sorry raises are frozen....then they unfroze them....said as long as you got 2 of your quarterly bonuses you'd then get your raise....got 2 bonuses then was told..oh wait....now you can't have it till 30 days past your anniversary date....well that's coming up so we shall see.

My first job was working as a Cashier at a local owned grocery store in PA called "Sunnyway Foods." It was a good First job. :)

I was a live-in nanny the summer before my senior year in HS. She was a lovely little 9 month old girl. Her parents missed a lot because they were "too busy".

My first job real job was 13 years ago and I was a Dishwasher and a children's summer camp. I actually worked for the company for 8 summers in a row with the last few summers holding the position of Sous-Chef. It was sometimes sticky and hot (no air conditioning) but I got to use all the camp things like canoes, kayaks, giant floating trampoline, go camp fires and see the kids plays. Things I would have never been able to do otherwise.

Prior to that I had my own lawn care service with my brother, mowing and racking lawns.

My very first job was cashier at Woolworth's (been closed for a l o n g time!) It was fun, I was a really good cashier - before the days of scanning so you had to enter everything by hand and calculate the sales tax too! When I was 17 they offered me a management job of the pet department, but I turned it down because they wouldn't let me run it my own way.

But my very first full-time job was working at a customs house broker for JFK Airport. It was very interesting; I met some really cool people. I used to make extra money clearing shipments at night which was fun; I used to have to meet with US Customs Inspectors and get shipments from other countries (Denmark, Sweden, Japan) cleared through customs. I was there about 5 years and left, just wanted to do something else. The funniest part was the guy that ran the company totally sexually harrassed me, and I found out he was having affairs with some of the other office girls. It was before anyone ever thought about sexual harrassment laws and we all just shrugged it off. Eew! And wrong...

My first job was working as kennel assistant at a vet's office. Glamorous term for cleaning cages....loved the job though as I got to be around some awesome dogs, cats and even ferrets. Had to quit when we figured out that I am severely allergic to flea dip and my face was swelling up just from being in the building with it.

My first job was awful. I worked at Sears Portrait Studio.... taking pictures of evil bratty children and their equally evil parents. I could take the BEST pictures, and their parents would hate it. In fact, they hated everything and treated me like crap.
It was a very nerve wrecking job. I was also in charge of opening and closing the place....and cleaning up the place....and taking down appointments....and working the registers. I did pretty much everything. I actually ended up getting fired from the job. Oh well, haha!

Mine was about a decade ago, and at all places, Blockbuster Video. In like the second week, someone got mad at me because I told them that they had something like $60 in late fees and they told me to go &$%# myself and threw the VHS tape that they were going to rent at me, hit me in the head which busted my head open. This was right when DVDs were taking over and VHS was almost fully phased out of all newer movies. That was horrible luck, as a DVD wouldn't have hurt much at all, but the VHS didn't feel too great. I hated that job so much but it helped me decide that I was going to 100% go to college. Since then I have not been a movie fan and only watch a movie every 3-4 months nor do I go on movie dates. I guess I was scarred for life.

Back