I finally did it...the chicken left the coop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy77

Reaction score
SO for a LONG time now I have wanted to sell my quilts and other projects on Esty.com. Needless to say I am the biggest chicken.

Today I took the plunge. I started with a table runner I had laying around. It took for ever to get up the nerve to list it. Even tho I did research on prices every other seller seems to have better quality work than mine. Well I swallowed the lump in my throat and listed it. I still have major anxiety about it but oh well it's only 20 cents for 4 months.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FancyFever

Here it is...

It is beautiful. The only thing I would add to your listing (if you can) is that you have animals in the house - just in case someone with allergies is interested in it.

I love it. I love the colors and I love the design.

good luck - that is a lovely runner. and your work is just as good, if not better, than others on etsy.

have often thought about listing on etsy's uk site - folksy. havent taken the plunge yet - i think some of the sellers are very unrealistic in their prices which puts people off. also i like to chat to my buyers:)

I have an Etsy account, but it's been forever since I've been there. I recently started a Cafe Press account, too. I'm wishing more every day that I had more time for artwork.

Your runner is beautiful! I hope it sells quickly! :)

hartleybun wrote:
good luck - that is a lovely runner. and your work is just as good, if not better, than others on etsy.

have often thought about listing on etsy's uk site - folksy. havent taken the plunge yet - i think some of the sellers are very unrealistic in their prices which puts people off. also i like to chat to my buyers:)
I agree Donna I thought some were unrealistic as well and maybe mine is too high also but the cost of the fabric alone for that runner was 12.00 a yard. So that is what made the price higher. when I worked the numbers for the runner I barely am making any profit. but for my forst time I wanted just to put feelers out there. Well see ya know

Minda: Cafe Press??? whats that???

In your description, you have no units for your dimensions. I'm guessing it's in inches, but it could theoretically be in anything. I'd change that.

It's beautiful, but sadly I have no need for a table runner in my dormroom.

Fancy77 wrote:
hartleybun wrote:

I agree Donna I thought some were unrealistic as well and maybe mine is too high also but the cost of the fabric alone for that runner was 12.00 a yard. So that is what made the price higher. when I worked the numbers for the runner I barely am making any profit. but for my forst time I wanted just to put feelers out there. Well see ya know

i know what you mean! normally by the time i've done all the sums the price is astronomical:pit's a case of finding what people will pay. i do try to see what others are selling 'my items' for and take it from there.

oh how i hate fixing a price:X:biggrin2:

That's really beautiful Denise! I can't believe you can sell a hand-quilted item for that price. How long did it take you? I hand-quilt, but I do 19 stitches per inch, so maybe it just takes me longer. Even if you quilt larger than that, the time involved must be substantial.

Good luck in selling it!

slavetoabunny wrote:
That's really beautiful Denise! I can't believe you can sell a hand-quilted item for that price. How long did it take you? I hand-quilt, but I do 19 stitches per inch, so maybe it just takes me longer. Even if you quilt larger than that, the time involved must be substantial.

Good luck in selling it!
I laugh at hand quilting (because I think its too hard...I give a lot of props to whom ever does it tho :p)

I do all machine- ALL machine. That runner took me about 10 hours. The one I am working on right now has 80 hours into it and I still need to finish quilting and binding it.

I need lots of luck too. When I hit the List button I thought i was going to burst with fear. Thx!!!

In that case you should edit you ad to say machine pieced and quilted. It says "all hand pieced and quilted" right now.

I do all hand-applique and then use my machine to sew the squares together. That is the extent of my ability with a machine, lol. I envy the folks that can get those nice, sharp points when machine piecing, not to mention those that have the talent to machine quilt. I'm afraid those talents are not in my future.

slavetoabunny wrote:
In that case you should edit you ad to say machine pieced and quilted. It says "all hand pieced and quilted" right now.

I do all hand-applique and then use my machine to sew the squares together. That is the extent of my ability with a machine, lol. I envy the folks that can get those nice, sharp points when machine piecing, not to mention those that have the talent to machine quilt. I'm afraid those talents are not in my future.
OK I changed it. THX I feel the same way about hand sewing lol

I put hand/machine, cuz sometimes I hear ppl refer to all machine work as done by hand piecing. so I did both to cover all ppls understandings.

slavetoabunny wrote:
. I envy the folks that can get those nice, sharp points when machine piecing, not to mention those that have the talent to machine quilt. I'm afraid those talents are not in my future.
me too!! i've got a hand-turn singer from 1951 so i can stitch at the speed of snail - still cant do it:(

I have one of those too Donna its my grandmothers, But I never have used it lol. I have a Husquavarna (sp?) sewing machine and a Janome embroidery machine, but I have my eye on a nicer husquavarna that does sewing and embroidery. 1st things first tho - LONG ARM lol

Latest posts

Back