I fell in love today at the rabbit show...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
So even after living with Tiny (RIP big boy) at Peg's house, I was still a little unsure about Flemish Giants....not because of their size, but because they don't seem to live as long as the smaller breeds.

Well...WHO CARES :bunnydance:!!!!!! I am now 100% head over heels in love with Flemish.

Meet "Radar".....

3913488412_ea16c6cdd4.jpg

3913489126_7064f1de7f.jpg

3913488758_0dbbb6051b.jpg

Excuse my doofy facial expression...I was in love and nothing else mattered!!!!

3912703205_39f2e9ed22.jpg

3912703553_8a9d93f3cd.jpg

3913490022_1832bf470c.jpg

If I was sure that I wouldn't trip and fall on him....I probably would have booked it for the door and screeched out of that parking lot at full speed ahead.

I've never fell in love with a rabbit like that before. Sounds crazy...but my connection with him was amazing...he was soothing and calmed my anxious nerves (I was anxious because I was excited). This rabbit was just like Morgan..but Morgan only weighs about 5lbs!!!

That being said...nope, we didn't buy him. He wasn't even for sale...thankfully (well, kinda thankful). The lovely breeder let me hold him and cuddle him for a little while, though. Ryan was intimidated by his size and said he can't imagine having him as a house rabbit...but then I talked him into it! He said when we are ready for another rabbit (he still wants to wait until we know what we are doing in life...but we almost have that figured out)....then we can get a Flemish!!!! Ahem....Peg :stikpoke...get ready!!!!

Donna...I always fall in love with Mini Rexes at the rabbit shows each year. I get to go to 2 shows a year and there is always ONE Mini Rex who adores me and begs for my attention....one day I will have one of those, too.

Aw what a gorgeus bunner! A big bunny is on my list of future bunnies.

Wow, The last photo is great! You guys look good together :biggrin2:

He is very handsome :inlove:

My first litters will be ready sometime next spring. As the babies grow - I can fill you in on their personalities, etc - and of course you know they're going to be socialized from day one...

My girls come to me when I sit on the floor and lay their heads down to beg for pets...they'll let me pet them for 30 minutes or so at a time and then hop off and flick me off when I'm finally done. Sophia is my love-bug....Athena has become my "I'm gonna get into mischief somehow" gal and Nyxd justloves to explore and have a good time. Lately Nyx has been going through a major growth spurt and she prefers to be more sedate than she used to and she sleeps a lot....but she still loves to explore - just isn't quite as active. Athena meanwhile - has become quite the handful.

And the boys? Oh my....such fun even if they aren't cuddlers like the girls are.

I knew someday you'd fall in love with a flemmie - they are just so relaxing to be around.

Do you think you'll have litters next summer or so?

I LOVE boys...but I was thinking of getting a girl Flemish to be a potential wifebun for Morgan. Seeing how calm Flemish are...it seems like they would be easier bonds.

I still can't stop thinking about the Flemish I held today....he was so awesome.

I will have some next spring and probably next fall - not sure exactly how often I'll be breeding.

I would HIGHLY suggest a doe as they are so affectionate when it comes to the flemish giant breed....my girls are more affectionate than Tiny was (except for near the end of his life when we became super duper close).

TinysMom wrote:
I will have some next spring and probably next fall - not sure exactly how often I'll be breeding.

I would HIGHLY suggest a doe as they are so affectionate when it comes to the flemish giant breed....my girls are more affectionate than Tiny was (except for near the end of his life when we became super duper close).
A girl it is, then!

Alicia probably told you (if I didn't...don't remember), but we are moving to NY!! Tom agreed to hospice, so he can come home from the hospital to pass away:(....so we should be going to NY soon for the funeral and to talk to my mom more about when we are moving out there.

When you return to NY, we may see you at one of the many rabbit shows... I am looking forward to getting my Checkered Giants on the table as well as my baby bucks (pics of them are in my blog).

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
When you return to NY, we may see you at one of the many rabbit shows... I am looking forward to getting my Checkered Giants on the table as well as my baby bucks (pics of them are in my blog).

Denise

Probably...I'll be living in Gloversville, NY area! I will want to get involved with any rabbit related because it will be available there...where it really isn't here in AZ :D.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Radar is sure a handsome bunny! :)

From the pictures, that looks like it was a small show...was it? haha.

Emily

Yeah...it was a really small show. There honestly were a couple hundred rabbits there, though! No rabbits were in cages, they were all in their travel carriers. Our area is small, so the shows are small. All the big shows are 2+ hours away. The upcoming county fair is the largest show here, lol.

You should have seen his luscious eye lashes up close :inlove:.

I can tell by looking at those pictures - especially the last one - just how much you liked / loved him. He looks so happy in your arms too.

My mom was shocked earlier today when I told her on the phone that I never saw myself having another cat or dog - but I'd always have a flemish giant. She was like, 'They can't sleep with you and purr and stuff" and I was like, "oh yes they can!"

TinysMom wrote:
I can tell by looking at those pictures - especially the last one - just how much you liked / loved him. He looks so happy in your arms too.

My mom was shocked earlier today when I told her on the phone that I never saw myself having another cat or dog - but I'd always have a flemish giant. She was like, 'They can't sleep with you and purr and stuff" and I was like, "oh yes they can!"
Peg..I saw the last picture after Ryan had taken it and I was like "Awww man! Now the forum is going to think I look doofy because I have a doofy look on my face!!!"...then I realized that looking doofy goes hand-in-hand with holding my first Flemish and falling in love! It was almost overwhelming. I LOVED IT! Now I want a Conti, too.

I can see why you'd only want Flemmies from now on. I have to agree with you....except, believe it or not....I will ALWAYS have a kitty (or a few) from now on (and A dog) :D.

undergunfire wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

Peg..I saw the last picture after Ryan had taken it and I was like "Awww man! Now the forum is going to think I look doofy because I have a doofy look on my face!!!"...then I realized that looking doofy goes hand-in-hand with holding my first Flemish and falling in love! It was almost overwhelming. I LOVED IT! Now I want a Conti, too.

I can see why you'd only want Flemmies from now on. I have to agree with you....except, believe it or not....I will ALWAYS have a kitty (or a few) from now on (and A dog) :D.

:faint:

:laugh:

This from the gal who didn't care for cats when she was here?

Next thing I know - you'll be considering a pet frog...

Nah...probably not.

A pet frog??? I'd never stoop that low :laughsmiley:. I have a bit of a panic when I read the word!!

Latest posts

Back