I feel so bad - I almost scared Skip to death!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
This morning my boyfriend pulled out some rattles out of his bag and said he got them because he thought Skip might want to play with them. I thought it was really sweet of him and I knew rabbits liked stuff that made some noise when they tossed it around so I walked into the room with the rattler and started shaking it a little and got ready to give it to Skip. But when he heard the noise he FREAKED out and started running around like crazy trying to escape out of his pen. He was really spooked. Then I realized what happened. The rattler sounded just like a rattle snake! I'm sure Skip has never come across a rattle snake before but do you think he instinctively thought it was a snake coming after him?! I've never seen him so scared before. Usually noise doesn't phase him in the least.

Bunbuns is that way.. In the morning when my dad gets his car keys, Bunbuns go crazy! Hiding under the sofa or just runing. How is Skip doing right now?

I'm sure he's fine now. This happened in the morning while I was getting ready for work.

The odd thing is that he is never scared by any noises. Noise doesn't seem to phase him. But that rattler really spooked him and I'm wondering if it's because he thought it was a snake....

I'm sure that is probably why he got freaked out. Even though they are domesticated they still are scared of the same thing. Just like if he were to go outside and see a bird. He would still hide. Poor things don't know that they will not have any harm coming there way! :biggrin2:

Back