I feel so bad for Abby!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
My poor girl, she is not feeling herself tonight.As you all know, today was the big day for getting her spayed. It wentvery well I'm happy to report, but I find myself just feeling awful toput her through this. I have no idea why, as I've had animals my wholelife and my family has always been big on getting our pets "fixed".

She won't really eat anything, and hasn't drank anything either. Kindaworried about this, as the vet told us to make sure she eat something.So far she hasn't really been licking/tugging at her stiches, which isgood. When she does one of us will distract her and settle her down.

Anything I should look for? With Chompers I had no problems, and he wasa lot more active the night of his surgury than Abby is. I know it'sdifferent for the females, but just making sure from all the pros here.

Aww, Mom, she's gotten through the hardest part. Now is the healingtime. Offer her anything she'll eat. Watch that her area doesn't getred and swollen.

Poor Baby Girl.

You did the right thing. You definitely prolonged her life and you puther in the hands of a good doctor. She'll be okay. Just keep an eye onher and make her comfortable - as I'm sure she is as much as she canbe.

I know she's so happy to be home and in your tender loving care again.

Give the baby girl a kiss and tell her how proud I am of my bootiful girl. Tell her I love her.

Love,
-Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn. We went to Rabbit.org and didsome reading up. I think because I had such an easy time with my boy, Iwas thinking she'd be up and about tonight.

We're letting her rest for the most part and giving her some pettings,which she's really enjoying and kissing us back. I'll give her a kissfrom Aunt Carolyn. :)

Spaying is a much more invasive operation.

Keep doing what you're doing. That's all she needs. She couldn't have better care than she has in you, and she's Home. :)

Being Home with her Mom watching over her: that's the best therapy she can have.

:)

Love to you and my baby Abbs.

-Carolyn

Isn't she a little Angel.

She's kissing you to make you feel better and loved.

God, she loves you, Stephanie!

She loves you as much as you love her.

You are definitely: Her Mom.

:)

Stephanie, likeyou, I've had animals all my life, but Sebastian intimidates me morethan any other animal ever has. I think it's the fact that their healthseems so delicate in comparison to other animals. It's much harder forme to read him than it is for me to read dogs, cats, horses, etc. WhenI had Sebastian neutered I think I was more nervous and upset than anysurgery I ever had on my other animals. Maybe you feel a little likeme? We might be control freak partners! :)

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back