I feel like this is a stupid question....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandhills_rabbits

Reaction score
My new bunny girl, Amaretto (the Flemish/Hollandcross) is being so funny. I moved her downstairs, into my rodent room.It's where I have all my buns, chinchillas, and other furry critters.They are all in cages, but she has free reign of the room because it'sbunny-proofed, and she's so big. What i'm wondering about is she"chins" everything..... she'll hop up to anything and everything andnuzzles it with her chin. It doesnt matter if it's another bun's cage,her litter box, the bucket of oats..... I didnt know if this meansshe's happy with her new set-up, or if she's marking her scent ontoeverything.

Can anybody fill me in? I'm sure other bunnies do this, but i guess ihavent noticed my others do it as much as she does. Maybe i just noticeit more because she's on the loose, and they dont have as much openspace....

Also, she's the most vocal rabbit i have ever met!!! She constantlymakes little rabbit noises, and it's just hilarious. I was wondering ifthis was normal. All my other buns seem relatively quiet when they'renot bunny-bruxing, or thumping their feet. Does rabbit noisy-nessindicate anything wrong?

You know, Bo recently started chinningeverything. I think it's a combination of happy and claimingterritory. Since they lay claim, they like it.

Bo claims my purse, hubby's boots, ALL boxes, anything around he canmanage. He also seems very happy about doing so.

I also believe vocal bunnies are just..... trying to talk! lol.... booinks at me when he wants me or something from me. He alsokinda snorts or "huffs" out air to let me know he's ticked off aboutsomething.

He's flung his salad plate against the cage to let me know he's nothappy or just to get my attention. He flung his old pelletdish across the cage to grab hubby's attention one time. Iwas asleep, and Hubby came in and said "I think your bunny wants food!"LOL

Unless she's grinding loudly, I would assume it's happiness and communication attempts :)

Sounds all normal for some buns to me.They're all so individual, it's hard to make steadfast generalizationsthat apply to all.

Hollands are known to be "noisey" and flemish are like big amicable dogs from what I can gather.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Buck

Latest posts

Back