I feel like I'm abandoning my bunny--but it might be best

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Wrider

Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

So my husband and I have been talking about moving into our own place for a while. It's been rough but we found a few apartment complexes willing to house rabbits and we're slowly saving up to get to a point where we can sign the lease on one of these places.

My bunnies do not get along. I've been trying unsuccessfully to bond them, but I just don't have the time to put in the work they need to become a bonded pair. Living in separate, connected pens has worked as well as it can for such limited space, but with an upcoming move, I just can't justify taking them both with us and causing unnecessary stress.

Quinn is my baby, I raised her from a really young age and I know she'll go wherever I go, but Skippy has already been surrendered once by a family that couldn't take care of her. She's still, even almost a year later, getting used to my family and myself and I think trying to bring her and Quinn will just cement that they are not good for each other.

My mom has offered to take her in and give her the love and care she needs, but I'm really attached to her and her to me, and I feel like I'm abandoning her. Thoughts? I feel so guilty leaving her behind.

Hey, everyone.

So my husband and I have been talking about moving into our own place for a while. It's been rough but we found a few apartment complexes willing to house rabbits and we're slowly saving up to get to a point where we can sign the lease on one of these places.

My bunnies do not get along. I've been trying unsuccessfully to bond them, but I just don't have the time to put in the work they need to become a bonded pair. Living in separate, connected pens has worked as well as it can for such limited space, but with an upcoming move, I just can't justify taking them both with us and causing unnecessary stress.

Quinn is my baby, I raised her from a really young age and I know she'll go wherever I go, but Skippy has already been surrendered once by a family that couldn't take care of her. She's still, even almost a year later, getting used to my family and myself and I think trying to bring her and Quinn will just cement that they are not good for each other.

My mom has offered to take her in and give her the love and care she needs, but I'm really attached to her and her to me, and I feel like I'm abandoning her. Thoughts? I feel so guilty leaving her behind.
Well I think it would be best, if your mom is taking her she will be still in your family and you will see her time to time, also you know she is going to a good home. I think you don't have to feel guilty, they just don't get along and they will be happier being jus solo bunnies in two separate homes. Good decision, you get my vote here

Back