I don't think my Benji eats any hay!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
I don't think my Benj eats any hay at all- i may just not see it, but I don't think so. I bought him a hay rack, becuase I thought it being on the floor might have been the problem, but i fil lit up with normal hay and then changed to nice yummy timothy hay, but he still doesn't eat it i don't think.
what can i do?
I put it in his litter tray, and his food bowl too to try and encourage him.
Eek
Its essential he eats it.
Any help?

Most likely he pulls out strands, and you just don't see it.

Rabbits are pretty good at knowing what they need in their systems, so if it is being provided for him, then I can't see the problem with him not eating much.

Maybe he is a 'phase' bunny, who goes in phases of what he wants to eat.

Does he seem perky and ok? Pooing and stuff? Eating his normal food?

Yeah he is fine- eats lots of grass and leaves when in his run, he eats all his food (most days) and eats all greens etc that I give him, and....well i hope he eats hay. I considered giving him less pellets so he would have to eat hay...but seeing as I dont know whether he eats hay I'm not sure that's a good idea.
:S
He's very perky, drinks moderate amounts of water and poos and wees completely normally.

He sounds like he is getting a good diet, and he will probably eat it when he wants to.

As far as I can see, a bunny will eat what he needs, so if it's all provided they can choose. That's what they do in the wild,search out what they need.

Do you give him slat licks, or mineral blocks, maybe you could give those to him if you are worried about him not getting the right minerals to whatever, but I am sure there is no problem.

Also remember that hay is only dried grass. So if he is getting grass that's a good thing.

Yeah he has a mineral stone from pets at home...but i dont know whether he uses that much either. Yeah u sound very logical in your thinking
Thanks

Jenny :D

Flashy wrote:
Rabbits are pretty good at knowing what they need in their systems...
Can you come over and tell that to Pipp? Or maybe you can show her a picture?? :biggrin: That bunny won't touch hay,grass or anything else, a habit (or lack of habit) that's cost me hundreds and hundreds of $$ in vet bills.

I've probably tried 10 different kinds, in 20 different ways.I've soaked the stuff in apple juice (what a sticky mess!) and tried withholding veggies and pellets. But nope.:nope: She'd rather starve.

Any who... :threadhijacked:

As for this case, I agree with Flashy, if Benj iseating grass, he's fine. :)

sas :)

Cool- well that's good then. Yeah he eats lots of grass every day, so that's alright then- and he loves lots of greens and stuff :D

Merci every1

Jen n Ben

Latest posts

Back