I dont know what to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiabia0

Reaction score
Alfreds had a broken toe for 2 weeks so hes had a bandage over it. Well the bandage just came off and its 10 at night. What can I do til morning? Hes licked his toe a few times. I dont want the toe to get worse.

Do you have access to an "ACE" bandage? You know, the ones that they have for wrists/knees/elbows, etc. on people? We used to have to use those on my parent's dogs. One was prone to infections, and we would immobilize her leg with an empty paper towel tube then wrap it with an ace bandage. A bun might chew right through that, though. What was the original bandage made of? Is there any way that you can put it back on or salvage it?

Also, animals tend to be very good at taking care of breaks. They won't "over-do" it. They would have to fend for themselves in the wild (which they can't do) but some survival instincts stay with them. Example, if this hurts, don't do it! :)

Maybe you should get a mod to move this to the infirmary for you. You might get some more replies ;) I'll ask a mod for ya..

Moving this to the infirmary. :)

Is their any way that you can contact your vet for advice. Also how is he behaving at this moment with his foot.

I don't want to tell you to rewrap it as I dont know for sure if you should . What exactly was the type of bandage that came off. and how long was it on?

I would advise pming Randy as he would know.. ra7751

Thanks for the advice everyone! I put Alfred in his cage for the night and he left the foot alone. This morning I took him to the vet and they said his toe looks good and he'll be fine without a bandage and just to keep an eye on him. I was there Wednesday and they said the toe was almost healed so a few more days helped. He's doing fine now and he seems happy again instead of all stressed out! I'm keeping his top level blocked off for a few more days just to make sure it's okay.

Oh I'm so glad that he's OK!!!!!!!!!:)

I really felt bad because I didn't know what to tell you ..not having a rabbit that ever had that type of problem

I'm so glad that he's OK and really sorry that you had to wait so ong for a response and then not really get a good answer anyway.:(

angieluv wrote:
Oh I'm so glad that he's OK!!!!!!!!!:)

I really felt bad because I didn't know what to tell you ..not having a rabbit that ever had that type of problem

I'm so glad that he's OK and really sorry that you had to wait so ong for a response and then not really get a good answer anyway.:(

He's okay so it's alright! :)

Latest posts

Back