I dont know if my bunnie is pregnant.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kookookachoo221

Reaction score
Mybunnies cage is outside and a few nights ago(sunday) somehow someonewent back there and put the girl into the guys cage. Well my female isonly, almost, 6 months old. And the male is the same. How can I tell ifshe is pregnant?

It'sdifficult to tell in the beginning if she's pregnant. If youre notsure, you could count 14 days from the day she might have bred with themale and palpate. Hopefully someone who knows how to explain palpationcan give you some instructions on it. But, even with palpation you cantalways tell. Good luck.

Lanna

WelcomeKookooachoo.

The gestation period for rabbitsaverages30days. Make a note of the dateof Sundayso you can keep track. As Lanna said,sometimes it'shard to feel the babies.I'velisted a sitethat explains palpatation.

Keep us posted,

-Carolyn

Is My Rabbit Pregnant?http://islandgems.net/palpating.html

If they are both 6 months old, I guess that ifthey were my rabbits, I'd have a nest box in her cage/hutch/whateverabout 27 days from the time that they were together. And thencheck to make sure that she doesn't use it for a potty box and have itfilthy...may have to change the bedding in it. At 6 months ofage, they are both quite capable of producing kits.

-Dolores

Thanksfor all the info! :DI have been checking on the doe alot andshe has been drinking a ton. And eating a bunch too! I amcouting on my calender and hoping that she will have them! If any ofyou have any websites that would help me find info on breeding I wouldgreatly appreciate it! When is the temp. to cold to keep my bunniesoutside?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back