I did a bad thing!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffS

Reaction score
I'm having to type this without my right index finger because I was too "get-er-done" with riley's nail.s (I've pushed backspace 30+ times now) After 1 paw he was done but I just couldn't say "OK" and do another paw later. Now if I uncurl my finger it will bleed all over. I can't see fatty tissue but I see through skin. I might need it stitched or put in a little cast if moving it in a while makes it bleed again! A little cast might be cute, actually.

The worst part is I can tell I hurt his feelings and he's not 100% trusting me. :(

Ouch... sorry to hear that!! He will forgive and forget tho... just give him a bit of space, and perhaps some parsley!!

Hope you heal up quick!

I just opened my finger a bit and the bleeding didn't restart, though it's not dry either. Sometimes I'm so glad I don't have sickle cell!

No stitches or anything, I'll just have a few days where I suddenly bleed from my finger onto nice carpet and couches. Sorry about the lack of blog updates but I've been too busy cuddling them to take pictures. Seriously, all Riley wants to do is cuddle, and when Pancake isn't exploring she looks so cute that I have to cuddle her too.

I have pics in this thread: link

The first few are from when I first got Riley, and then eventually they get ringworm and it's cured.:highfive:

If you read the text you'll find that Riley used to be quite a bully. He's so sweet now! (Well, except for the whole nail clipping thing...)

WOW VERY CUTE!!! Plz tell me about ringworm, I am under the impression that since bunnys are kept indoors that they wont get it....am I missing something again???

I'm 99% sure my guys got ringworm because I was ignorant. I was petting a bunny at the humane society and it was shedding very badly. I found that its hair was just falling out and there was no new fur underneath. I showed the care staff what was happening but they didn't mention anything about it maybe being an infection so I didn't think anything of it. Then of course when I got home guess who the ringworm found...

wheww good to hear...oh I mean sorry to hear that 4 u but I'm put at ease. I thought there was other ways of getting it, I have been trying to find info on RO about Ringworm but not finding any so...thanks I am a bit nervous of an outbreak as well as ear mites....

Fancy77 wrote:
wheww good to hear...oh I mean sorry to hear that 4 u but I'm put at ease. I thought there was other ways of getting it, I have been trying to find info on RO about Ringworm but not finding any so...thanks I am a bit nervous of an outbreak as well as ear mites....

Ringworm is actually an infection, not a worm. The bacteria causes an itchyred circle to develop where ever it has time to take hold. People can get the bacteria from animals, and vice versa,if proper hand-washing is not done before physical contact with another person or animal. The bacteria is similar to the bacteria that causes athletes foot.

hope that helps...

Latest posts

Back