I couldn't help myself

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
So I always said my next bunny was going to be an adoption.... but...

So Petco has had this BEAUTIFUL BEW lionhead for MONTHS now. She is GORGEOUS and no one has bought her. I have no idea why. She has been there for seriously 4-5 mos.

Well... one of my friends works there and told me she was probably going to be rotated to another store soon... and I couldn't help myself... I got her. She's already spayed, which is sooo nice. But I can't believe I did it.

I've wanted her since I first saw her, but now that I've made my plans to get the buns spayed finally, I guess I felt like I had to have her, and now was a good time.

So yes. I now have a BEW lionhead... named Bew. Yes, we named her Bew, we had seriously just called her Bew for so long that we thought it was perfect as her name.

As soon as I take more pictures, I'm going to post some.

I feel awful for not adopting, but Chubbs is going to be adopted. (That's going to be our next bun's name.) I'm sooo happy, I love her. SHe's SOOO fluffy and sweet. She's absolutely sweet. She already comes over for grooming, she's using her litterbox, etc.

I'm just worried a little bit because she hasn't pooped really at all. She peed in her litterbox, but she's only had 2-3 poops. Should I be worried? She's only nibbled a little bit of food. I had to buy the crappy Kaytee food(what they were feeding her) to help switch her over to Oxbow. She's nibbled at some parsley and hay, but I can't help but worry. AHHHHH!!!

But I'm so excited to have her. The people at Petco all came to tell her goodbye and were SOOO excited she was going to a good home. :) It made me happy they cared so much.

But yeah... I definitely couldn't help myself... :biggrin2:

slap yourself across the face for that one! lol not happy for petco sales but definetly happy for little bew and her getting a nice home! Cant wait to see pictures!

James

Ah well...the heart wants what the heart wants right? PICTURES!! lol

I sent you a pm about the vet in CH...did you get it. The costs for spay n neuter are much cheaper than where we were.

Aww, congratulations. I agree, sometimes you just see buns and have to have them, and it doesn't matter where they are. We hadn't intended to get Mouse and Chalk from a pet store, but we saw them and fell in love, and knew there was no way we'd be leaving without them!

She sounds adorable, and I can't WAIT for pictures :biggrin2:I hope she's settling in ok?

Jen xx

I too hate Petco and hate to think of them making another sale, but sometimes you just cant walk away from those pleading eyes.

Congrats on your newest little one. I cant wait to see some pics!

Haley

Pictures please!! Bew sounds wonderful, and I think her name is very cute! I know exactly how you feel, too. I told myself that bunny #3 would come from a rescue or the animal shelter, I felt guilty that Tallulah is from a breeder (this has resolved somewhat since she's had a fair number of health issues that I'm afraid would have landed her in an animal shelter of a not so dedicated person had bought her). We weren't planning on getting #3 for years. However, when JAK Rabbitry was saying she needed new homes for two of her bunnies, I was so drawn to both of them that I talked it over with my boyfriend and he agreed we should get one of them (the other is beind adopted by Maherwoman)! He will be arriving here by plane on April 19th :biggrin2:. Like you, I DO plan to adopt future bunnies. There hasn't been a bunny at our shelter since January and the closest shelter other than hours is 7 hours away! So, please try not to feel too guilty. Poor Bew was at the pet store for so long and now she has a loving home. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to feel guilty if she knew!

Well here are some pics of Bew. And everytime I tell a new person her name they laugh at it, but it just fit so perfectly, haha! Btw, not the best quality pics, but I can't find my digital camera, >.< so they're from the cell phone.

bew5.jpg

bew3.jpg

bew2.jpg

bew.jpg

She's absolutely adorable. You can't really see her mane in a lot of the pics, but ahhhh, it's so cute.

I know I really shouldn't have bought another bunny when soo many need to be adopted, but I have been in love with her for sooo long now and I just had to have her. My next bunnies will all be adopted definitely, especially since I'm sure in the next few months so many will need good homes, but I couldn't help but indulge myself here. :( She's such a sweetie!!! And you can tell she's so happy to be out of the smaller cage and to "have her free" as we call it when we let the buns run around. Hazel seems to ignore her, which is a good sign, and we haven't let her and Flopsy down together yet, because Flopsy is a little aggressive, but in 2 weeks they're going to be spayed! :)

She seems to be settling well, her poops are a little soft, but I'm pretty positive it's the stress of being moved, she's pooping a ton now, so I feel a lot better about it. I'm going to make another post though about whether or not we think she's a little bit on the chubby side. o_O

Edited last post to fix pictures.

Btw Em, because of you telling me about the hospital, I was able to go ahead with the spay earlier than I thought, thank you sooo much, :)

My Einstein says that hes in LOOVVVEEEE!!!!!

He thinks that he and Bew would make an absolutely adorable couple. He's a red-eyed white lionhead and her with her beautiful blue eyes...

Einstein.jpg

"Come here my sweet little Bew...me and you...we could make beautiful love."

Ha ha ha!

Enjoy her! She's precious!

Hazel wrote:
Edited last post to fix pictures.

Btw Em, because of you telling me about the hospital, I was able to go ahead with the spay earlier than I thought, thank you sooo much, :)
Oh awesome! The prices are so much better aren't they and I do like the Doc! Have you met her yet?
Simon goes in on the 8th...I am getting SO nervous. Part of me wants to back out of it...for the what if factor, but I know it is smart to do.
Since we moved him into that third room he has turned back into a sweety so it makes it harder.. Though when he peed all over me last night that helped reinforce we should..lol

She is SO pretty!!! I love lionheads...don't know why but they seem to be a fav for me.. Congrats!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Pictures please!! Bew sounds wonderful, and I think her name is very cute! I know exactly how you feel, too. I told myself that bunny #3 would come from a rescue or the animal shelter, I felt guilty that Tallulah is from a breeder (this has resolved somewhat since she's had a fair number of health issues that I'm afraid would have landed her in an animal shelter of a not so dedicated person had bought her). We weren't planning on getting #3 for years. However, when JAK Rabbitry was saying she needed new homes for two of her bunnies, I was so drawn to both of them that I talked it over with my boyfriend and he agreed we should get one of them (the other is beind adopted by Maherwoman)! He will be arriving here by plane on April 19th :biggrin2:. Like you, I DO plan to adopt future bunnies. There hasn't been a bunny at our shelter since January and the closest shelter other than hours is 7 hours away! So, please try not to feel too guilty. Poor Bew was at the pet store for so long and now she has a loving home. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to feel guilty if she knew!

Yeah, I felt so awful BUYING a bun, but I just HAD to have her. It was MONTHS of trying to tell myself NO. Ryan and I were the same, he kept saying "only 2 right now, only 2." Yeah.... :)

I feel guilty, but I feel better knowing I plan to adopt many more and also, at 100$ she was only going to be bought by someone who really cared/knew about rabbits anyway, when they have places that sell buns for 25$. I also really love my Petco, I don't know about others, but my store is AMAZING. Randy has also said he likes the Petco, so I feel better about that too.

Em! The 8th!! You'll have to call me when you either bring him in/while waiting/before getting him, and we can get a cup of coffee or something to help calm your nerves! :) I completely understand. Since I've finally commited to the spay I'm freaking out a little bit.... :shock:

I know...I have been freaking out a little more every day that goes by. I bring him in right after I drop Lina at school. They said just get there before 10am. I have to be back home by 4:30. I have to stay over that way until he ready to go though because I have to be careful about gas. I burn through a lot it seems going towards you. :)
So I figured I would spend the day around there...wasn't sure what I would do lol.
Hoping they will say he can go by 4pm though. :?

I will give you a call when I drop him off and see what you are up to.

Latest posts

Back