I couldn't Do it....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnybarn123

Reaction score
In one of my other posts I had mentioned I wasgoing to turn over some/most of y JW to my niece, in order to make roomfor more Lionheads. :shock: I COULDN'T DOIT......:(she came to pic them up and I started crying. Iended up sending her home with a Lionhead jr. and the promise of a matein the future.

I love my Woolies and could not face the thought of going out to myrabbitry and not seeing the little faces looking back at me. I have 7JW and honestly only two were bought from an outside breeder the resthave all been born and raised here. I was very upset and my hubby waslike well we'll keep them if it means that much to you. I was sohappy:D, my husband was liek, why don't we cut back some on theLionheads as it appears the favorites are the JW.

I was like I could cut some LH's back. He said well do you want to getanother JW? So I said yes, I contacted a friend who breeds JW and I ambringing home not 1 but 2 new does tomorrow. WOOOOOHOOOOO, I did notrealize how much those little woolies mean to me. 1 is a jr opal doeand has 1 leg, the other ias a jr BEW doe. My hubby is an :angel:, helikes big bunnies. So I am shocked he offered to get me more "fuzzBalls" as he calls them. I will figure out a few more Lionheads to givemy niece in a day or two.

Funny thing is as much as I like the Lionheads, I don't feel asdistraught over parting with some of them as I do with the idea of mywoolies living somewhere else.

Sorry this post got longer then I intended.

Pam W.

VeryUnderstandable Bunny Barn , I never knewthat Jersy's were suchfun little critters , My Grandaughter Wona little Buck at Our very first Show ,Truth to tell I was terrified of that fur LOL. Poor little guy when I got him homewas matted and dirty , ( some peoplejust dont care ) He cleaned up nicely andwhile still being standoffish hewill at least now come to the front ofhis cage to say Hi.

I then went on to get another a biggerDoe LOL what acharacter sheturned to be , Snotty , Standoffish andbarrel right through you for treats .Miss Precious ( fromDoots Mom ) has a way of givingyouthe cold chills running up and downyour spine , she just stares atyou untill youhave to look ather . lol . '

Then there is Miss Jayda ( from Starlight Rabbitry) Now this one lmao is a clown in wooly furr, more reminicent of a cat than a rabbit, She loves to play chase the bunny, Let me tease You game . and catch me ifyou can .Everyone who comes into the barn isgreeted by Jaydas antics , I have hadto lock her doors securely in fearof bunny nappers .

So Yes I can see why you wouldbe reluctant to have your herd leave , Ican say I dont blame you a bit . It justwouldt be the same walking intothe Barn and not begreeted by those furry facedClowns .

Funny how attached we get isn't it? Without evenrealizing it! Same thing happened to me when Corky got so sick...it waslike HEY...how did this lil guy sneak up and steal my heart like that!

Good for you, BunnyBarn!!

Smart move!!!

-Carolyn

I am always making mistakes and slipping upsaying the Woolies are my favorite but I will usually turn it aroundand say they are one of my favorites. However, now I know they are myfavorites. Don't get me wrong I love all my bunnies.

And there are a few Lionheads I will never part with they are a coupleof my originals I began with. When I think of giving up my "littleones" I feel as if I am going to give away one of my four kids. All mybunnies are called "my babies" or "baby" when I am talking to them. Myhubby and kids think I am nuts because every bunny here has a name andI know it.

My hubby knows a few names but usually he just will say " the grey onewith floppy ears" or "the little fluffy white one". I will say I needmore info, " which cage, the six pack...., the eight pack... etc. Iwill now who he is talking about.

Pam

Latest posts

Back