I couldn't believe it!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoralvr

Reaction score
I wish that I had remembered my media card reader but I forgot to bring it today. I did get pictures though and they are priceless! I was sitting on the floor upstairs with Henri last night and Acorn came upstairs again. I let them go for a minute to see what would happen. At first Acorn just came up and sniffed Henri and then decided to go exploring around. He went around the house once and then came over and laid down right by Henri! I was expecting a bunny fight and flying fur and a marking war but what I got was two cuddly boys! I am still amazed and confused. I left them together (with me watching like a hawk of course) for about twenty minutes, maybe a half hour. They kept switching places but for the most part, they just were laying by each other. Acorn did try to mount Henri's head once but Henri didn't even seem to care at all. Oh I wish I had the pictures to show you guys!! Anyway, I took Acorn back down stairs after their adventure and I expected Henri to pee all over the place, but he didn't mark anything! It is like Henri met the evil bunny from downstairs face to face, and then decided that he wasn't so bad.

I know they really shouldn't have met yet but since they have, would it hurt to try and start bonding them? Ar atleast getting them acquainted? And don't worry, I alredy had Matt get me ababy gate for the stairs!

Wow! That is really encouraging! Good for the boys! Acorn is still pretty new (you just brought him home on Dec 5th, right?) and has been through a lot... I'd still give him another week being seperate. Better safe than sorry... (I'm kind of obsessive about keeping the new ones seperate "just in case". One burned, twice shy...)

How are you making out getting up and down the stairs? You poor thing!

BlueGiants wrote:
Wow! That is really encouraging! Good for the boys! Acorn is still pretty new (you just brought him home on Dec 5th, right?) and has been through a lot... I'd still give him another week being seperate. Better safe than sorry... (I'm kind of obsessive about keeping the new ones seperate "just in case". One burned, twice shy...)

How are you making out getting up and down the stairs? You poor thing!

I am making out fine. I'm a tough cookie. Or so my doctor says. He gave me a lecture last time I saw him about how taking care of all my animals could hurt my foot though. I asked him if he would still get up to take care of his kids if he had a broken foot and he said of course he would. To which I said " well why would you expect me to be any different?" I pretty much have going up and down the stairs down to an art. I just use the handrails like crutches.

That's a great start.

I personally would keep them separate for a while longer too, but then I am totally paranoid about infecting my current rabbits with anything that could have been avoided.

I knew you mentioned mobility problems with The stairs, but I didn't realise you had broken your foot. I hope it heals soon :)

I got a new cable so I could put the pics up now. Here they are. . .
DSC01172.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

and finally, can you find Acorn in this picture?

DSC01167.jpg

You are SO lucky! How cute are they together?!?! Clover and Bo would be biting him and each other!

So, was poo fest to mark their areas or what? LOL! we have that in the play area now!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You are SO lucky! How cute are they together?!?! Clover and Bo would be biting him and each other!

So, was poo fest to mark their areas or what? LOL! we have that in the play area now!
lol, no, the poo fest are the remnants from Henri's last marking war with himself. I have been a bad mommy and didn't sweep out his cage. That is only from two days though!!

I've been leaving the poos for the boys to maybe get used to each other...... it's a thought I had.... but I don't think it's working after a couple of days LOL! I think it's time to clean them up! Looks like we're both bad mommies! :D

I was actually about to sweep when Acorn made his arrival upstairs. I didnt want to risk disturbing them so I left the sweeping for later.

Latest posts

Back