I could use a few suggestions for good hutch floor covering.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez-bunniemom

Reaction score
The thing is, i use sawdust (I don't know if they call it that in america...)for all my hutches but it's driving me mad having sawdust all over my garden permanently.
(It blows around, sticks on the grass, gets in cracks between paving stones etc etc)

Are there any good hutch floor coverings that is about the same price of sawdust? I don't have a rabbitry, only three hutches but it still makes a heck of a mess.
My breeding doe, Honey kicks her sawdust around like crazy.

I have 4 built-in indoor solid bottom hutches, only one is in use.
Also two outdoor solid-bottom hutches, one two story, the other single story with run attached. I put sawdust in the run as she uses paving as her poop corner and it sticks and looks gross :)

What do they use there for horse stalls? You might want to look around and see - here in the US we have Woody Pet and I also just bought something called "Equine Fresh" or something like that - because they only had 2 bags of Woody Pet left at my TSC store. Both of these products are used for horse stalls....

I wish I could be of more help - sorry!

Peg

Do you have a litter tray for them? I'd recommend either coating the base in petsafe varnish or glueing lino to the base so it's easy to clean and any accidents don't soak the wood. Then put paper based, non clumping catlitter in a litter tray in the corner they use. Big pile of hay in the litter tray for munching and hay/straw in the bed area. In winter you can put more hay/straw in the hutch area for extra warmth if you want.

I don't breed so I don't know what would be appropriate for a nesting doe.

Tam

Latest posts

Back